lowering a j-body, how to do it right? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lowering a j-body, how to do it right?
Friday, January 27, 2006 6:09 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2004 cavalier z24, and I want to lower it this coming spring. I am having a tough time deciding how to do this. My main concern is that I want to do it right, so I don't run into any problem and I get the best ride as possible out of it. I want to get the most comfortable ride as possible out of this up grade. I hope for those who know about lowering cars can share any information they have with me. Also I was thinking about using a full coilover suspension kit that way I can adjust the ride height to where I want it. But I hear the ride is bad, I really don't know what to do. What have some of you guys done and how is it? I am looking for that dipped look in the front where the front is a bit lower then the back. I know a separate shock and spring setup would be ok but then it becomes a one time drop, and I don’t get to control the ride height, I’m really leaning towards a coilover setup, but scared about the ride

Thanks guys
Hope to get some good feed back from you all
Frank

Re: lowering a j-body, how to do it right?
Friday, January 27, 2006 6:16 AM
Everybody who reads this is immediatly going to tell you to read the first page of the FAQ's at the top of this forum. Advice i can give you, dont go ebay coils if you decide to get coilovers and normally the lower you go the @!#$tier the ride. After reading the FAQ's at the top come back and ask any ?'s you have about something you might have not understood or just about different set ups. later bro and w/ suspension dont cheap out.

Re: lowering a j-body, how to do it right?
Friday, January 27, 2006 6:34 AM
HOW TO lower A J-BODY THE RIGHT WAY Everything you were afraid to ask but wanted to know about lowering your car. this is the base that you NEED to have. why? because you need this so you can ask more informed questions.don't take it as a "hey use the button you newb" look at it as a stepping stone to a better ride

there are going to be opinions far and wide. what is right for one person might not be right for another. my personal goal was to have a more aggressive ride and not look like a bobble-head when I was driving down the road. ( not to mention going to work everyday) I got a ride on Koni Reds from Viper and for me that was it ! I knew that was the strut for me. I later found that Koni was a good choice for mild to wild lowering, as well as coil overs. Many people have good things to say about Ground Control Coil-Overs. and the Tein Coil-Over setup that has recently come out there is another option. SEARCH for posts on them. I have no hands on experience with either so I will let someone else speak to that area. In the end it will all come down to you, so read allot, search for what others have done that either worked well or failed. Its your car and it has to work for you not your friend down the street.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search