Pics needed~ - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pics needed~
Thursday, January 26, 2006 5:01 PM
Hey Jbody..just wondering if any of you guys out there have n e cars or pics of cavys or sunfires that have Eibach Sportline springs and Tokico sturts <--- that is the setup i should be getting really soon...im curruntly running 18X8.5 225/40/ZR18s..i waz wondering if anyone would know if there would be any rubbing once the car is dropped to the 1.7" front and 2.3" back on 18z....I dont think there would be a problem in the read once its dropped that low..but im having doubts about the front.... any pics or feed back iz greatly appreciated~ thanks

Re: Pics needed~
Thursday, January 26, 2006 7:13 PM
you wont rub, and look at some old posts. there was a post not that long ago about this same exact thing, or at least do a member search.

Ill make a sig someday
Friday, January 27, 2006 6:24 AM
^ x2

Sunday, January 29, 2006 7:19 PM
thanks for the feed back guys...now on to the struts...lol....im gettin tokico HP series struts..im wondering if they are like the same exact dimensions as the stock ones...eg, if the HP series are the exact same height and width n everything and is the mount on the HP strut the exact same place az the stock ones..because if they are least .5 of an inch lower it will rub becasue i have wide tires....thats what im worried the most about~
Sunday, January 29, 2006 7:24 PM
They're just like stock, they're meant to be close like that.

You shouldn't put HPs on Sportslines. You should use D-Specs on Sportslines. HPs are stock replacements and meant to be used on stock springs.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 7:29 PM
they will be the same dimensions as stock as will any other strut. i will tell you this from first hand experience, get Koni Yellows or Tokico D-specs, or dont waste your money on HP's, they will blow in no time. the HP's arent made for any drop at all, the sportlines are low, and the spring rate is high, my stockers lasted i would say for about a month. this summer im looking to get a set of D-specs myself.

Ill make a sig someday
Sunday, January 29, 2006 7:37 PM
nyce nyce...thanks guys..juss dont wanna get everything and waiste so much $$ and in the end figure out they wont work..im still worried bout having 18X8.5 rims n 225/40/18 rims and dropping the car 1.7F 2.3R and not rubbing......any of you guys know for shure 100% that it wont rub or if I need a camber adjustment or anything like that?
Sunday, January 29, 2006 7:52 PM
i can say that you shouldnt rub but i dont have those size tires so i would wait for a response from someone else that does. But i am 100% sure that you will not need camber adjustment (aka camber bolts). after the install you should get an alignment as soon as possible tho.

Ill make a sig someday
Sunday, January 29, 2006 8:01 PM
ya man..im getting an alignment as soon as there on for shure..i know 100% that i wont not a problem with the rear and that size tire...its just the front that im stoked about...i can see the pro kit (1.4 all ways) fitting right with my size tires..buta .3 inch does make a difference I think....i know it wil work with the pro kit..but i dont see why it wouldnt with the sportlines~

heres some pics guys:

that was last years look...tinted now/CF tails/JDM corners/..wrking on Halos in april~
Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:21 PM
I've got 225/45R17s on 17x7.5 40mm rims, B+G 1.6" drop, IRS swap (which pushes the rear wheels outward 1/2") and I still don't rub. You seem to be doing everything right, I doubt you'll rub anywhere.

Monday, January 30, 2006 10:28 AM
Thanx for all ur help guys....so ive come to conclusion that it'll b Eibach Sportlines with Tokico D-Specs..does any one have picz of there cars with Sportlines or Cars using Tokico D-Spec struts ?¿

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:32 AM
Sportlines

there is a pic of my buddies car, i have the same setup. the sportlines are the most perfect drop in my opinion. and just so you know the struts will not change the ride height.

Ill make a sig someday
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search