question bout suspension? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question bout suspension?
Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:56 PM
aight i got 800 for suspesion and i dont know what would be the best setup for that price. this is a everyday driver and im running 17's so if anyone could help that would help me alot. ive looked at gravana and seen a few i like. o and there is no body kit. thanks in advance.

Re: question bout suspension?
Friday, January 27, 2006 6:23 AM
Read the FAQ.

If you're still confused, go with KYB AGXs + Eibach ProKit. It's very popular and we generally recommend it to anybody who doesn't want to think about their suspension too hard. Whatever you do, don't cheap out.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 1:44 AM
C.T.S wrote:Read the FAQ.

If you're still confused, go with KYB AGXs + Eibach ProKit. It's very popular and we generally recommend it to anybody who doesn't want to think about their suspension too hard. Whatever you do, don't cheap out.

ok i have this setup but my rear wheels dont sound right...they thump when i hit a bump. i have a question....i had coilovers from ebay before i had this setup...anyways the guy that did it was very ghetto....and i think he might of lost some rubber or mounts or something for the struts and springs...

does anybody here have pictures of a complete stock setup!??? i need to compare what i have and what i need to order from my dealer!!

"Sunfire got stolen, all i have is the J to remember it by"
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 4:13 AM
allan chandler wrote:aight i got 800 for suspesion and i dont know what would be the best setup for that price. this is a everyday driver and im running 17's so if anyone could help that would help me alot. ive looked at gravana and seen a few i like. o and there is no body kit. thanks in advance.

i'll tell you what i tell everyone else. think about what you want first before you buy the stuff. first decide if you want springs or coils. then decide what brand you want. then you can buy your struts accordingly. now if your looking for a full coilover setup, theres the tein basics which are right around that price range

DJ Silent wrote:
C.T.S wrote:Read the FAQ.

ok i have this setup but my rear wheels dont sound right...they thump when i hit a bump. i have a question....i had coilovers from ebay before i had this setup...anyways the guy that did it was very ghetto....and i think he might of lost some rubber or mounts or something for the struts and springs...

this could be damage from the previous setup. ebay coils are known to cause other damage just like any other cheap coilovers. since your saying it makes a thump when you go over a bump, it leads me to believe that just the strut mounts are bad

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 7:49 AM
Yeah. The tump or clunk sounds from the rear are almost always strut mounts. The sound is more pronouned with after-market struts.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search