Need a Drop....(read faq) - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need a Drop....(read faq)
Monday, January 16, 2006 9:53 AM
well ive been trying decide for some time what kind of drop i should get. ive considered air, and coilovers. but after much debate and considering the roads around here. ive decided to go with the Eibach Pro-Kit.

now i know if i get this kit ill have to get new struts. now heres where im lost. im not sure which ones will match up nicely with the prokit. so i need some help on which kind to get. im also wanting to get some 17inch rims, and read somewhere thats this kit will not work with 16 inch so willl it with 17" tires?

thanks for answering all of my newbness question. and if anyone knows where i can get these for a decent price email me or pm me.

Re: Need a Drop....(read faq)
Monday, January 16, 2006 9:59 AM
im pretty sure you could go with any aftermarket strut that you want. The struts are the things with the limits. like you cant put lowering springs on stock struts since they arent made for it. you'll be good with Konis or Agx its up to you. i would say jsut go with Agx since they are ready to install right out the box.

Monday, January 16, 2006 10:02 AM
agx and those springs are fine with 16's or 17's or 18's
Monday, January 16, 2006 10:04 AM
^^^figured id go with agx.. just cause i dont really feel like cutting and chancing @!#$ something up.

Monday, January 16, 2006 10:04 AM
what kind of agx though should i use?

Monday, January 16, 2006 10:05 AM
theres only one kind. they are KYB AGX's. you could get them off ebay for like $350 shipped

Monday, January 16, 2006 10:33 AM
ok thanks

Monday, January 16, 2006 10:34 AM
i hate to be a dick but it doesnt even sound like you read the faq's.

kyb makes struts. the gr-2s and the agx. the gr-2s are non adjustable oem replacements. the agxs are rated for a 1.5" drop and are adjustable. the prokit is a 1.4" drop which means the agx's will handle the drop and if they blow, they will still be covered by the warrenty. if you ever wanna go to coils then i suggest getting koni yellows or d-specs now w/ the pro kit, this way later down the road when you wanna make the switch to coils, you already have the struts

Monday, January 16, 2006 10:40 AM
i dont think i wanna change. cause the road around here really wont permit it.

Monday, January 16, 2006 10:42 AM
alright if you dont want to change then the agxs will work fine w/ the prokit. cheapest place ive seen the agx were ebay for like 380 i believe

Monday, January 16, 2006 11:10 AM
don't rule out H&R springs

I'll be riding with H&R's and AGX's this year.

The beauty of the AGX's is you'll be able to adjust the stiffness, so basically what you like the most is what will "work" the best with your pro-kit based on your settings.

pro-kit makes a nice looking drop too, I'd say it's where the vehicle should have been at stock.

-Chris

Monday, January 16, 2006 11:13 AM
^yeah im planning on putting a kit on the car...drift maybe not decided yet. and more than likely it will be fiberglass so i dont want to rip it all to shredds. just trying to play it safe. plus my driveway is gravel and alot of the roads around here are.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search