TEIN S.Tech Lowering Springs, need struts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TEIN S.Tech Lowering Springs, need struts
Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:31 AM
i want to get some TEIN S.Tech Lowering Springs for my car, but i dont know what struts to get. do they make em to match these springs? or should i get a different kind?
im looking at Gravana and they dont seem to have a set of struts for them.
is this a good place to buy or would a local shop have a lower price for them?
any help is appreciated...i searched, but didnt find what i was looking for. tx

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *

Re: TEIN S.Tech Lowering Springs, need struts
Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:38 PM
If you're going cheap, get Tokico HPs or KYB GR2s. Both will work ok (not great, but good enough).
If you're not so cheap, get KYB AGX.
And if you're made of money, get Tokico D-Specs or Koni Yellows. Koni Reds would work too (might find a set i the classifieds, worth looking).

Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:52 PM
AGXs work perfectly. I have um and love um. But im gonna be gettting rid of them come tax time for coilovers.

Thanks
Jeremy

Sunday, January 15, 2006 3:49 PM
i dont want cheap, i want Teins. i know people with other carst hat have them and love them. im trying to find a cheaper place to buy them and with the struts

Sunday, January 15, 2006 6:26 PM
Tein doesn't make struts for our cars, unless you count the Basic and SS coil-over systems. I would suugest the Tokico D-Spec struts because they are warrantied for the 1.7" drop and the KYB AGX's aren't. Your other option is the Koni Yellow struts, which aren't a complete replacement like the Tokico D-Specs.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 6:52 PM
so the best idea would be to get Tein S.Tech springs and Tokico D-Spec struts...

so where is a good place to buy these? i want to buy new ones but i want to find a good deal.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:20 PM
The D-Specs aren't cheap. I got mine off of eBay here for $518 with free shipping. I had them in 3 days from the time I ordered them.

Monday, January 16, 2006 7:57 AM
$518 is pretty good, I paid $450 shipped for my AGX's from e-bay.

-Chris

Monday, January 16, 2006 9:02 AM
Yeah. I got H-Tech and S-Techs confued before. Forget my previous post.
If you're getting S-Techs you need D-Specs or Koni Yellows.

Monday, January 16, 2006 7:04 PM
Quote:

These are brand new in the box a set of 4 ( 2 front , and 2 rear ) *****(DSP-1)*****TOKICO D SPEC 16 WAY EXTERNALLY ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS TO FIT 1995 to 2004 CHEVY CAVALIER & PONTIAC SUNFIRE all models.

so are they coilovers? i dont need all that, just a good set of shocks. what about Monroe (spelling?) i heard they were good replacements but what about with the lowering springs?

Monday, January 16, 2006 8:40 PM
If you're using S.Techs there are only two options. Koni Yellows or Tokico D-Specs. They're not coilovers, they have adjustable dampening, not ride height.

Just about everyone agrees, Monroe suck. I personally have Monroe SensaTrack on my GAM. I just put GR2s on my sister's cavy; I'll never use Monroe again.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:14 AM
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:45 PM
Get the D-Specs off eBay for $518 shipped. The company that sells them on there is good and will get the struts to you pretty quick. One big plus with the D-Specs is they're a full replacement so you won't have to use your stock strut housing like you will with the Koni Yellows.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:06 PM
are agx's full replacements or just inserts? trying to norrow down my options aswell

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:09 AM
I got my S-Techs on Yellows and absolutely love'm. For your best price check the gp forums and look to see if gravana has a special going i got the koni sport kit ( struts/springs) for 510 shipped to my house last jan/feb. I would highly recomend strut bars if you dont already have theses yet........

later
jeff

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search