interesting ebay item - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
interesting ebay item
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:46 AM
was browsing ebay and came across this. thought it was interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REAR-DISC-BRAKES-FOR-CAVALIER-SUNFIRE-95-2005_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQitemZ8028204863QQrdZ1

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Re: interesting ebay item
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:47 AM
wtf

it just posted it twice. same problem ive been having with PM's.

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:58 AM
there was a gp on these plates a while back

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:55 AM
the g/p was for the camaro brakes not fiero

wonder if it keeps the parking brake

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:57 AM
Are they any good? Sounds like a bolt-on affair. And if you just want better brakes but don't plan on using them for all out racing it might be a good buy.

Be kind to dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 4:29 PM
All told = about $390 at the low end. I'm not too kken on using an angle grinder to modify the bearing. It would have to be dead nuts or the bearing would wear out pretty quick. I'd take it to a machine shop and have it turned. I like the idea though.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:24 PM
it says in the auction...
Quote:

2 PARKING BRAKE EXTENDERS
2 PARKING BRAKE CABLE MOUNTING BRACKETS

so i'd assume you'll still have a parking brake.

i saw this as well... it would be an option for those that want to fit a smaller wheel but still have rear discs.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:01 PM
Well i just bought it. I was kinda curious. dont want a 12 inch kit in the rear so this would be fine for me. I will let y'all know how it goes.

nick

Go Go OG Traction!!
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:16 PM
James Cahill wrote:All told = about $390 at the low end. I'm not too kken on using an angle grinder to modify the bearing. It would have to be dead nuts or the bearing would wear out pretty quick. I'd take it to a machine shop and have it turned. I like the idea though.

where is that comming from? meaning how do you know you would have to do that? cuz i dont know

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:54 PM
Look at the Questions from other members at the bottom of the ebay listing. Item number - 8028204863.

Q: is there any machining required on the rotors to clear the hubs? what size is the hole in the rotor to clear the hub... we're curious if it'll clear a 94 cavalier hub. also, will you give discounts for multiple orders?
Jan-10-06
A: the rear hub needs to be turned down a little for the rotor to fit, machine shop should be about 20 for the pair, trying to see if my shop will do it.i have used also a 4 1/2 grinder to do it.yes, i will discount

Cheers.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:26 PM
Also look at his history and ebay Item number: 8018477668. He sold the baer kit awhile back for $400. Looks like has seen some of the other kits. Cheers.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:38 PM
those look like older style 93 and down w-body calipers

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:33 PM
eric mcallister wrote:Look at the Questions from other members at the bottom of the ebay listing. Item number - 8028204863.

Q: is there any machining required on the rotors to clear the hubs? what size is the hole in the rotor to clear the hub... we're curious if it'll clear a 94 cavalier hub. also, will you give discounts for multiple orders?
Jan-10-06
A: the rear hub needs to be turned down a little for the rotor to fit, machine shop should be about 20 for the pair, trying to see if my shop will do it.i have used also a 4 1/2 grinder to do it.yes, i will discount

Cheers.

oh, thanks

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:18 AM
Very interesting. I like that, a easy kit that looks like it would work with my steelies.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:22 AM
Baer for $400...............d@mn.................

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search