Lowering Kit future body kit - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowering Kit future body kit
Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:08 PM
In the future I plan on getting a body kit and i'm leaning towards the drift style. WHat spring/shock combo should I go for. I'm like the B&G SPort kit which I beleive is 1.6 inches, what shocks would you reccommend for those springs? Or the Eibach Pro-Kit, what shocks for that kit? Oh, and I do have 225/40/18 rims and tires on my car as well. im looking to not have that much gap b/t my tire and fender.

Re: Lowering Kit future body kit
Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:11 PM
Or what setup would be good with my current rims?

Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:27 PM
The B+G with Koni's or Tokico D-Specs would be an awsome combo (basically what I have). With a kit it will be VERY low, you'll have to learn how to drive a car like that.

An Eibach ProKit can be paired with the Koni's or D-Specs (as above) or with KYB AGXs, which are excelent struts too. In any case you will be very low, keep that in mind.

Also an option are something like Tien's S/H-Techs which each give a small drop. Less fender gap, and lower at the same time. New options aimed at poeple who have low kits as well. All of the above Struts would work with them.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:39 PM
If I decide to not get a body kit, would the KYB AGX and Pro Kit still look nice. Or could/should I go with a bit lower. I'm not looking to spend more than $700 for the whole thing. Gravana does have a few nice packages that I found for a very nice price.

Monday, January 09, 2006 4:17 AM
you need to read the faqs and find out what you want. if your getting the drift kit you cant lower the car too much w/o scraping the kit

Monday, January 09, 2006 5:41 AM
bags are the answer!

theres a yellow koni sport pgk w/springs

Monday, January 09, 2006 11:25 AM
Does anyone have any pictures of there car or someone elses wiht a drift kit and the AGX/Pro Kit Combo or Goldline springs, or Eibach Sport Line kit?

Monday, January 09, 2006 11:34 AM
im sure theres a ton, go to the members section and just type in what your looking for

Monday, January 09, 2006 12:42 PM
A quick question. When it says it will lower the car approx. x. x inches, do I go out to my car and measure how much that would be? LIke measure x.x inches from my fender towards my tire?

Monday, January 09, 2006 2:32 PM
^ If the car is new, sure. Otherwise the drop will **probably** be slightly less. If you're thinking ProKit you can figure it out:
1. Measure the distance between the end of the control arm (near the ball joint) and the ground.
2. Measure the distance between the root of the control arm (opposite end) and the ground.

A ProKit aims to make this even, so whatever the difference is, that's how much you will drop in theory. Should be about 1.5"

Monday, January 09, 2006 3:16 PM
Ok by looking at this picture...

how low would the Pro Kit make it?

Monday, January 09, 2006 3:34 PM
A Pro Kit will get rid of just over an inch of your wheel well gap. Probably as low as you want to go with a Drift kit.
As said above, go to the members section and search.
Search for Drift and Pro Kit. Click on the "show only members with pictures", and you should find enough to give you a good idea.

Monday, January 09, 2006 3:54 PM
I searched and found what I liked. But now i'm wondering if I should even bother getting lower suspension with the drift kit. I think i'll just go with the Drift kit. It shouldn't look to bad, should it? I couldn't find any pictures of a cavalier that has the same color as my car with a drift kit. Anybody?

Monday, January 09, 2006 5:03 PM
check my cardomain page, i had the drift kit w/ coilovers and it was raised all the way up

Monday, January 09, 2006 5:17 PM
real simple

if you arent getting coilovers....

every car will weight different, differnt weights mean different heights... even if you replicate another setups...

wait till you get the body kit, THEN decide how low you want to go from there, then figure out what to lower the car with....

beats sitting around on the forum asking what can you do now since your kit is now scraping and hitting everything. and then having to sell something and get something else.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:20 PM
i got the blitz front with drift sides and back and mines ok as far as height to the body kit. fenderwell gap is more than i would like but i got the stock 16's with stock springs
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:53 AM
kitted cars with no drop = ugly

(opinion only)

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:18 AM
HOw would a kitted car with no drop look with 18's?

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:32 AM
bagged wrote:kitted cars with no drop = ugly

(opinion only)

not to mention its gonna look like its raised

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:04 PM
bh04 wrote:HOw would a kitted car with no drop look with 18's?

Ugly. IMHO. Wheel size doesn't lower/raise the car at all.
Kit + Sock Springs looks like an suv to me.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:54 PM
Thats what i've been thinking too pretty much. I guess tthe body kit can wait, i'll get the new suspension first. I just haven't decided though.

Eibach Pro kit with KYB AGx's or
Eibach Sportlines with Koni Yellows? For those of you who chose the setup you did, tell me why you chose it over a different one?

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:20 AM
please read the faq's. its really up to you. if you plan on just going 1.4" all the way around then get the agx's. if you ever plan to switch to coils or a lower spring then get yellows. suspension is something you really need to think out before you start buying things or else you can end up wasting alot of money

Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:57 AM
Ya, I have read it. More than once actually. I'm liking the price Gravana has for there Koni SPort kit, but beings it says it only drops 1.2 front and 1.6 back, I think I would want more in the front. He does have another Koni kit with B&G springs for a $100 more. That will get it 1.6 all around. Is the extra .4 of an inch that much of a difference in the front?

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:47 AM
i personally would go w/ the b&g springs. their pretty good springs and well to me lower the better

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:51 AM
I've got B&Gs on mine now. I'll post a pic later today. I like them alot.

I was going to go with SusTech (1.1" drop), I'm glad I didn't. I got mine on eBay for $132, which is what changed my mind.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search