D spec settings - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
D spec settings
Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:33 PM
i'm sure this has been asked but i couldnt find anything searching, unless im an utter failure at searching, if so feel free to delete or point me in the rite direction...

anyway im getting the dspecs to go w/ my sportlines and i was wondering what settings i should use if i want the ride to be like stock, or as close to stock as u can get on sportlines? i'm assuming full soft on all 4 corners??? the car wont ever be at a track and i dont have a desire to take turns on a dime, i simply want a nice smooth ride(as smooth as possible w/ sportlines of course)... anyways thanks for any input, much appreciated.

Re: D spec settings
Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:13 PM
You guessed it, lowest setting will be the "softest" you can get while on sportslines.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 6:06 PM
I have mine set at 6 turns in the front 6.5 in the rear (full soft is 7.5 I think). I found that this setting seems to be pretty nice Just a headsup, I found that my struts kind of softened out about a week after I had them installed, theyre a bit rough at first then they get really nice.

Best part though, set it, if you dont like it, it only takes 1-2minutes to completely change them

Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:33 PM
All performance struts are rough to start with. Drive them for a week on the lowest setting then adjust to taste.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:47 PM
thanks alot guys!!!!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:32 PM
in the install instructions it says to start with 5 turns off full firm, and that is the closest to stock according to them. i personally am running on 14's right now with them turned way up, something like 1.5 turns off full in front and 2.5 off full in rear, its pretty rough but i can turn on the 14's fairly well as with my 18's on a softer setting. also, dont be afraid to turn them up a bit and see if you like it, you wouldnt believe the benefits of being able to corner quickly and more safely. then again i just love railiing corners so i'm biase
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:55 PM
Dave Dunsmoor wrote:I have mine set at 6 turns in the front 6.5 in the rear (full soft is 7.5 I think). I found that this setting seems to be pretty nice Just a headsup, I found that my struts kind of softened out about a week after I had them installed, theyre a bit rough at first then they get really nice.

Best part though, set it, if you dont like it, it only takes 1-2minutes to completely change them

same here

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:02 PM
After this post, I decided to switch it up again... going even softer - 7 front and rear, we'll see if I notice much. Next season I'm gonna go to the track and get a few runs in with it on regular street settings, then jacked up settings to see the difference in times.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:27 PM
listening.....

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search