Strut brace - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Strut brace
Sunday, January 08, 2006 12:34 AM
I am not suspension inclined.. so here is my question. what purpose does the strut tower have? does it make the suspension tigher or what? I am thinkin on getting one. i dont have any mods to my cavi as of yet besides the stereo system. I am thinking on dropping my car an inch or so (dont know yet) and getting some better shocks and stuff so I am open for any ideas on the best set up. I just want it slightly lower and not drag on the ground or tuck the stocker rims and tires i have. So any ideas, i appreciate

Re: Strut brace
Sunday, January 08, 2006 2:14 PM
Ok not trying to be a dick but, The suspension faq at the to of the page has all the answers to your questions, Yes it is long but well worth the read.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:11 PM
I'm not afraid of being a dick:
READ THE FAQ!
And have a nice day!

Monday, January 09, 2006 7:26 PM
^ FAQ YOU!

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:16 AM
first like everyone else said read the faq

second the setup i have is KYB AGX and the EIBACH PRO-KIT. the drop is an 1.5" and gets rid of the wheel gap very nicely. one problem i do have even though its not a large drop is rubbing on some driveways and speed bumps but if you watch where and how you drive its not a major issue.

Whats up people?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:03 AM
Strut tower braces are good. Like said above, the AGX and prokit is a good setup. I have front a rear braces on order right now, so when I recieve them, I'll post install pics, and a review.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:44 PM
From the FAQ:
What is a strut tower brace/bar?
Strut tower braces or bars are intended to eliminate strut tower deflection and increase chassis rigidity to reduce suspension distortion from acceleration and cornering. The brace also improves the chassis rigidity for better vehicle handling and helps maintain correct suspension geometry.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:26 AM
Well here's the thing guys, i only get certain time on the internet. That being because i am on an aircraft carrier out in the middle of nowhere and only limited to certain amout of bandwidth for a certain amount of time. So for me its really time consuming so I thought maybe if I would post i could get some civilized answers instead of dicks (joking) telling me to read the faq's. Sorry I am out in the middle of the ocean but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Oh and i am going to the tokyo auto salon and see if there is any toyota cavis out there that are hooked up. If i find one i will post pics. And thanks to those that replied and didnt ridicule me for not being able to read the FAQ. When i go home on leave after we pull in come next week I will read the FAQs.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:51 AM
01cavZ24 wrote:I am not suspension inclined.. so here is my question. what purpose does the strut tower have? does it make the suspension tigher or what? I am thinkin on getting one.

well the strut tower is what holds your suspension. i dunno about you but my car came w/ them.

sorry i had to

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:12 AM
01cavZ24 wrote:Well here's the thing guys, i only get certain time on the internet. That being because i am on an aircraft carrier out in the middle of nowhere and only limited to certain amout of bandwidth for a certain amount of time. So for me its really time consuming so I thought maybe if I would post i could get some civilized answers instead of dicks (joking) telling me to read the faq's. Sorry I am out in the middle of the ocean but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Oh and i am going to the tokyo auto salon and see if there is any toyota cavis out there that are hooked up. If i find one i will post pics. And thanks to those that replied and didnt ridicule me for not being able to read the FAQ. When i go home on leave after we pull in come next week I will read the FAQs.

I can't wait to see the pics of those Toyo Cavies!

How long are you stationed untill?

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:59 AM
01cavZ24 wrote:Well here's the thing guys, i only get certain time on the internet. That being because i am on an aircraft carrier out in the middle of nowhere and only limited to certain amout of bandwidth for a certain amount of time. So for me its really time consuming so I thought maybe if I would post i could get some civilized answers instead of dicks (joking) telling me to read the faq's. Sorry I am out in the middle of the ocean but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Oh and i am going to the tokyo auto salon and see if there is any toyota cavis out there that are hooked up. If i find one i will post pics. And thanks to those that replied and didnt ridicule me for not being able to read the FAQ. When i go home on leave after we pull in come next week I will read the FAQs.

If you had give a good reason for not reading the FAQ we would have given answers instead. That sucks being limited on the net.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:15 AM
hey ßãggéÐÇåv98 thanks for noticing my little typo.. Well its a big one acutally. I meant to say strut brace. lol. Yeah it does suck to be limited to internet. Especially when I wanna find out what else i could do to my car when i get home haha. I am on dry land now. we pulled in this morning. so now i get a lot more net time. I am stuck in japan till around october this year. I hope to get out of here at that time but the navy generally screws people on that one. I hope there is at least one J out there at the show. i dont see too many of them crusing around near the base much. i saw this one that just was a discrace to cavis though. it had a honda emblem on the front of the car. I wanted to yank it off but was afraid the owner would come kick my ass. haha. It was hella cool lookin though. It pained all nice and slightly lowered and i am guessing it had a turbo cause i heard the blow off valve as he hauled ass right past me haha. He also had a killer system too. I was gonna chase him down to get a peak but he was in a car an i was on foot so it wasnt happening. I havent seen that car since. So hopefully i will se something at the show or at least in the parking lot i can snap a pic of hehe. Well I will post pictures after i get back from the show. I am gonna take pics of everything, not just J's So be prepared to see @!#$ loads of other cars too.. haha
Saturday, January 14, 2006 1:14 AM
Well to my dismay i did not find a J body at the auto show. But i did get a few shots of the up and coming Evo. It looks like its pissed off. couldnt get up on the stand for any interior shots though which sucks. They had about a million Skylines and fairlady z (350z) there though. They did have a few american cars there and some even had some kick ass stereo systems in it.. It actually sparked me to think about re-doing my setup. haha. well I will post the pictures when i can size them down.. they are friggin big. So probably in 2 days i will get them up.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search