Kyb strut? which kind? AGX or GR2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Kyb strut? which kind? AGX or GR2
Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:15 AM
Hi i have a 03 cav and i am about to buy new struts what kind should i get? Is there a huhe difference between the AGX's and the GR2? i am puttin lowering springs on them too so does that affect the type of strut?

Re: Kyb strut? which kind? AGX or GR2
Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:33 AM
If you are going with drop springs, get the AGX. Also, they are only warrantied for up to a 1.5" drop.

GR2's carry the same warranty, but lack the adjustability of the AGX, so there may be an increased chance that the GR2 will blow.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:18 AM
GR-2 will work if you are on a tight budget. What lowering spring are you putting on? The lower the ride height, the more chyance of them going bad quicker. The Tein H tech and the eibach pro-kit should both be fine fine. I think the suspensions techniques ones should work too.

I'll have a sig someday....................
Nissan for sale drop me a line!
Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:24 AM
read the faq's

Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:34 PM
GR2 are meant for stock springs only. They will work with the S/H-Techs and SusTech.
AGX will do anything up to 1.5" drop. After that the spring rate is too high.

Read the FAQ.

Monday, January 09, 2006 6:07 AM
Don't even bother with the GR2's their stock replacements, not for performance despite the misconception of them making a big difference in handling.

Spend the money on some AGX's and get the adjustibility, firm to soft. I love mine!

-Chris

Monday, January 09, 2006 7:10 PM
But the GR2 would tighten the ride a little using the stock springs, wouldn't they? Say, if you had to replace blown out factory shocks, would these be a worthwhile purchase?

"If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking."

-General George S. Patton

Monday, January 09, 2006 9:57 PM
My sister's Cavy has stock struts that are basically gone. I'm replacing them with GR2s. They will be better than stock ever was, and fairly cheap at $231 for a full set. This is exactly what GR2s are meant for.

Monday, January 09, 2006 10:17 PM
i recomend KYB AGX with EIBACH PRO-KIT

looks killer on my car

Whats up people?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:12 AM
If you are keeping the stock springs, then you can use either the gr2 or agx. If using a drop spring, then you HAVE to use agxs. GR2's are not able to handle a drop.

I say "have to use agx", so we can stop all the posts of people wanting to drop on gr2s.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:03 PM
What about the Tokico non adjustables with Ground Control coilovers and a 2" drop? And if lowering more than 1.5" what struts can we use?

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:35 PM
Quote:

fairly cheap at $231 for a full set.

wow where did you get them?
thanks

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:21 AM
Dale Young wrote:What about the Tokico non adjustables with Ground Control coilovers and a 2" drop? And if lowering more than 1.5" what struts can we use?

Those Tokico struts are not made for a drop, they are stock replacement. If going lower than 1.5" you need either Konis, or Dspecs.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:38 AM
Ok thanks.

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:55 AM
The Tokico HPs are stock replacements just like GR2s.
Tokico D-Specs work good with coilovers.
KYBs are not meant for any coilovers.
Coilovers are a whole different beast than sprigns, so the inch measurements do not matter. Coilovers of any kind should only go on Konis or D-Specs.

I got the GR2s on eBay: Link to Auction

Monday, January 16, 2006 4:13 PM
I've been running on GR2's with B&G springs for about a year now. The ride is really good. It's a 1.6 drop. As long as you dont go with a drastic drop you could get away with GR2's.
Monday, January 16, 2006 5:03 PM
Ang wrote:I've been running on GR2's with B&G springs for about a year now. The ride is really good. It's a 1.6 drop. As long as you dont go with a drastic drop you could get away with GR2's.

yes you can but they are gonna blow. i bet those struts are blown or about to. arguring over this is like beatin' a dead horse

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search