uneven drop with goldlines - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
uneven drop with goldlines
Saturday, January 07, 2006 8:10 PM
Hey i just put on my tociko dspecs with goldline springs and the rear springs didnt fit like the strut wouldnt mount so i left my rear dropzones on thats not the problem my passenger side front i can fit 3 fingers in the wheelwell and only like barly 2 in the drivers side did i do somthing wrong?

Re: uneven drop with goldlines
Saturday, January 07, 2006 8:15 PM
i feel your pain, see my post.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:02 PM
is it the gold lines that are uneven, or is it the choice of struts? cause i was thinking of goin with either koni yellows like the yellow rimed one or tociko like sunfire Gt Custom... someone help us out.. i haven't bought my struts yet, and would like to know.. i have goldline springs tho..
??

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:07 PM
The lower you go, the more noticable any difference is. Goldlines are fairly popular and very low, thus have the most people griping about it.

If the differnce is 1/2" or less you'll have to live with it. If it's more than 1/2" you did something wrong.

This has nothing to do with ecotec engines either, so don't bring that up.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:31 PM
mine leveled out a bit with my subs and amp out of the trunk...

as for side to side, the springs may take a bit to settle. are you experiencing any clunking or other noise? also, measure from the fenderwell edge to the center of the wheel as "fingers" aren't a good way to measure the drop.

how do the rear springs not fit? are they too long? (i find that hard to believe considering mine don't even need compressed to install the strut mounts on.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:52 PM
the rear springs wernt long enough they were like to compressed when i put the top mount on the spring would be like 2 inches too short. side to side is fine now after i started to drive it

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:59 PM
Well with my springs, my car sat uneven because I hardly have any passengers in the car so it sat mainly to the driver side granted I wiegh 275, that may not help either hahahahahahahah, but That's all I can think of.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:38 AM
my goldlines are like that in the rear... they are shorter than the strut travel. i haven't had any problems with them and they've been on the car almost 2 years now.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 1:51 PM
ya, they seat themselves when you lower the car

nothing wrong with them

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:39 PM
i'm running gold lines and tokico's. i had yellows and my ass end sat really low for some reason and i lived with it. it also looked like the car was uneven side to side afterwards. i got an alignment and that fixed the side to side uneveness (Not sure how but it did) and then i swapped to the D-spec and the rears sit dead even with the front, no side to side.

the setup needs to settle and then get an alignment the side to side should even out. as for the strut not mounting the rears did you try pulling the strut up and getting it on? the strut may have settled down a bit keeping you from getting the mount on, try pulling it up and then getting it, i had no issues at all getting all 4 corners done in about 2 hours and i'm running the exact same setup as you so there shouldnt be an issue
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:36 PM
My buddie's '04 Sunfire sat higher in the front right when dropped, funny thing is the Cavalier they were on beforehand sat perfect.

Friday, March 17, 2006 8:51 PM
I've been reading all the posts about goldlines and struts. I recently installed goldine springs on my 02 z24, and i loved it, until the front struts gave out. Now I'm in a mix about which struts to replace them with. Is the tokico d-spec good? or what the kyb gr2's or agx's? I'm confused b/c I want a longer lasting strut, but I also want to make sure it's a direct bolt on, and won't require refabrication or buying new mounts. I'm open to ALL opinions and suggestions and ALL are appreciated. Thanks.

Jamie
Saturday, March 18, 2006 7:27 AM
id go D-specs. i had d-specs with goldlines, and loved them.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 7:33 AM
Here's something to try. My buddy had the same problem on his Supra. One side sat a little higher, so he checked to make sure the springs were properly seated in the mounts. That all looked fine so he switched the springs so the right one was on the left and vise versa. The car sat like it was supposed to after that. Sometimes if the car is noticeably heavier on one side the car might sit a bit uneven. Switching the springs might level it out. I can't say it will work for you but it's a thought.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 9:47 AM
Goldlines require D-Specs or Konis. Konis really aren't that hard to install if you have any idea what you're doing. No fabrication. Where do these rumors get started????
KYB anything (AGX or GR2) will blow on Goldlines.

As for the uneven drop. Make sure you're on very level ground. Especially if you're griping about 1/2". I have yet to find a drive way where my car sits "level". My garage is pretty darn good, but that's rare too.

Monday, March 20, 2006 8:33 AM
Thanks. I needed that info. Muchos gracias.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search