for you suspension guru's - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
for you suspension guru's
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:11 PM
i have the yellow konis and goldline springs for suspension. my question, is the rear still suppose to be this high vs the front which is the look i like? i almost miss having blown struts for the lowered stance all the way around but this set-up diffently rides better. i plan on air in a few months depending on tax money but wanted to know if this is the normal stance for what i have or should the back be almost even with the front? thanks for any help!

Re: for you suspension guru's
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:15 PM
here i am with just the gold springs and obviously blown stock struts before the yellow koni's:

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:26 PM
Should be 1/2" higher in the back. Looks like more than that to me. 1/4" tollerance on top of that. If it's more than 3/4" difference something's not right.

Do you have the fronts installed correctly with the spring insulators and such? Looks a touch low maybe.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:33 PM
as far as i know. i had another org'er help me since im new to the suspension stuff

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:51 PM
it doesnt even look lowered in the rear?

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:46 AM
Something definately doesn't look right. Rear looks too high. I'd take one off, and make sure it's installed correctly.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:06 AM
Are you sure the perch in the rear is not upside down? It should look like this:

tygriff
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:14 AM
Something is not right. Struts do not affect the height of your suspension. The spring is what determines the height.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:41 PM
My goldlines sat high in the front and low in the rear.

PS. what happined to your front bumper? Looks almost like you tried to cut grass with it.

I am all that is man

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:29 PM
Maybe the plow you installed in the front is pulling it down further than the rear?

J/K man. I have to say though, I liked your car better without the kit. It was very clean and tasteful, but to each his own.

As far as the struts, they have no bearing whatsoever on your ride height. They only control the speed of the suspension rebounding, etc.

Since you did not change the springs, I have to assume that they are either seated wrong, or as stated above, you might have installed the perch reversed (never tried, so I'm not even sure it will assemble with them upside down).

I would pull them and recheck them.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:03 PM
How would you put the perch on upside down? Does it come off Koni's easily, or not attached at all?

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:50 PM
i guess its time to call fro a mod day so we can pull them off again and check.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 5:57 AM
When you install Koni. YOu have to knock off the perch off the old strut and put it on the new strut and if you are not paying attention the perch you can put it on upside down.

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, January 05, 2006 12:41 PM
we went by one of the orgers who did a how-to on yellow konis with pics and all, very detailed. dont know his name right off but a very good write up.

Friday, January 06, 2006 3:45 AM
it was prolly cinny's write up

he is the one who personally helped me wiht my koni reds and goldlines, and it does not look like that

you def have something wrong lol

this is what it should look like

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:55 PM
thanks for yalls assistance. thats the info i needed. i guess ill end up taking them off and more less do a reinstall in a sense to see what the problem is.

THANKS AGAIN!

Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:15 PM
I knew that something was up with that. Hurry up and get the bag's already so I can swap your set up for mine.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:22 PM

i dont know if the pic is showing but i had a chance to look at the front springs and the bottom two coils of the spring are bout level with each other.the bottom coil is inside the 2nd coil.
now im worried the yellow's are blown too i noticed from the top the part you put on the adjuster to soften/harden the ride is lower then when i 1st put them on. in fact the part you put the knob on is level with the part of the car that the strut bar circles and usually it sticks up, like in the g/p, they had to make the strut caps taller for the konis, well i could use the regular ones now.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 8:11 PM
you put the perch upside down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:05 PM
can't see pic

all the time

Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:08 PM
cant see pic

Sunday, January 08, 2006 2:32 PM
i cant get it to show, anyways the bottom 2 coils are level so im screwed i guess. new springs here i come.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 4:56 PM
email me the pic. viper98912@hotmail.com

Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:11 PM

Monday, January 09, 2006 5:28 AM
um, if thats the front, it looks about right to me. i thought you said your problem (and visibly) was the rears? so why dont u take a pic of the rears? lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search