suspension parts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
suspension parts
Sunday, December 18, 2005 10:16 AM
I greatly appologize if this was reposted or w/e. But I am looking to rebuild my whole suspension with lighter, better parts for better handeling. I already have Tein lowering springs and Koni Yellows...but i was wondering like what other parts like tie rods, axles, bushings, ball joints, any type of steering linkages that might help with better handeling and less weight if it matters. I am just learingin about suspension in my Tech class and i was never really familiar with "aftermarket" or "performance" suspension parts so hold off on the flames please. any help is greatly appreciated.
also can i get yalls oppinions on sway bars and strut bars and if im going to need new strut towers for the Koni's. I have a 00 z24 so i know it has a front sway bar already
thanx a million guys!

...are you trolls that dumb that you cant realize mid 15s is slower then 14s?

Re: suspension parts
Sunday, December 18, 2005 10:34 AM
i have strut bars made a small increase in rigidity a little less body roll, sway bars are where its at for less body roll, rk sport makes one that will fit you. rk also makes polyurethane control arm bushings ,youll be happy with the konis based on all the reveiws about them on here. also rksport makes a front subframe brace that bolts to the bottom of your front subframe that is available at lmperformance.com

15.4 @ 89mph
Sunday, December 18, 2005 10:37 AM
axles really arent necessary until you start making alot of power and would do nothing to help handling,
Quote:

im going to need new strut towers for
im not sure what you mean by that

15.4 @ 89mph
Sunday, December 18, 2005 1:47 PM
am i going to need new ones?

Sunday, December 18, 2005 4:14 PM
Rob Silvera wrote:am i going to need new ones?

A new strut tower? Why would you replace an entire section of the unibody when replacing struts?

I think you're asking about another part. Strut mounts possibly.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 10:07 PM
Strut bars, sway bars, subframe link (front), tie bar (rear), Control arm bushings.

The other things (tie rods, axles, etc) really don't have many aftermarket replacements. Nor would you get much better handling out of replaceing them.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:41 PM
where would i find these parts and which brands or types should i get?

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:52 PM
Go to www.gravanatuning.com, and have a blast.

I have the addco front and rear sway bars, Vibrant front and rear strut bars, and a subframe brace i made.

It works well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search