lowering struts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lowering struts
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 7:23 PM
alright im sick of my dropzones with stock struts cause my rear is about 2 inches lower than my front and i hate it i wanna no what is with the lowering struts who makes them and how do they work. I read the F&Q but dont understand how they work and could i put lowing springs on them so i can raise it up or what

o and what would be a good setup than koni yellows because i want the front to be low.

Re: lowering struts
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 7:40 PM
lowering struts are used with lowering springs or coilovers. basically lowering struts are built to handle the drop, and the higher spring rates of lowering springs and coilovers to give a nice firm ride, without the bounce. if you were to get lowering struts for your springs you will NOT be able to adjust the ride height, with springs, what you see is what you get. with coilovers you can adjust the ride height. i would suggest that you ditch the Dropzones and get some quality springs like Eibach or some coilovers like Ground Control and some lowering struts (Koni Yellows, Tokico D-spec, KYB-AGX). also available are full setups like Gravana's coilover system, RK-sport Prostreets, and Tien Basic or Tien SS coilovers (these have coilovers and struts all put together, all you have to do is bolt them up to the car.) if i have missed something someone else will chime in!

this is my sig
Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:06 AM
Scrap the dropzone springs, and your stock shocks(which are now probably blown due to the springs.) Like said above, pick a ride height. If you want something lower than 1.5" you would need Koni yellows, or Tokico D-spec. If under 1.5" you could use those, or KYB AGX. Dropzone springs are garbage. The FAQ lists which springs are good. If you want adjustabilty, or to go REALLY low... then you would need either a coil-over set or a airbag setup.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:13 AM
I race a 96 Cav on a 1/4 mile dirt track. The rear hub bearings go bad every 2 to3 weeks, does anyone make a racing hub?
Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:17 AM
I don't think that there is a company that makes a racing bearing for it, but I've always had good luck with chicago rawhide. Lifetime warranty... but I have never heard of someone going through bearings that often without something being misaligned or damaged ie brake or suspension.

Is the dirt getting into the bearing? When you remove the hub, is it dry or still oiled? Any scuff marks on the cone? Do you replace the seal each time, or reuse the old seal?

Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:22 AM
if you want the front to be low, there is no other substitution other than air

Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:39 AM
or buy my D-specs and goldline springs to even that drop out

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:15 AM
Why don't you want the koni's?

Raymond Soos wrote:I race a 96 Cav on a 1/4 mile dirt track. The rear hub bearings go bad every 2 to3 weeks, does anyone make a racing hub?

WTF does that have to do with this thread?

Eazy (no switches no bitches) wrote:or buy my D-specs and goldline springs to even that drop out

Are they assembled?

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:56 PM
eazy

Hit me up on aim o4blackecotec i am interested in ur stuff haha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search