dropzone lowering springs - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dropzone lowering springs
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:29 AM
anyone know how there lowering springs ride. i had there coilovers and they rode like @#$%. i was wondering if these rode like @#$% to.

Re: dropzone lowering springs
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:31 AM
read the faq, their crap

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:54 AM
thats all i needed to know
thanks
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 11:04 AM
yup it definently says it in the faqs sorry about that i must have missed it when i read it before
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 11:22 AM
no problem. if you need help choosing something, refer to the faq, it helps alot

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 1:21 PM
Yeah.. And if the FAQ doesn't have it (it happens rarely), or if you don't understand, don't be afraid to ask.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 4:46 AM
cool thanks guys. im going with eibach springs anyway.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 7:30 AM
Good choice on eibach, what struts are you going to use?

Friday, December 16, 2005 12:25 PM
probably koni yellows
Saturday, December 17, 2005 8:49 AM
Great choice. Koni yellows are excelent! You'll love them.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 10:28 PM
how many of you have actually used the dropzone springs? i have them myself and i have not one complaint and theres another on here that has them and he hasnt had any complaints either no they arent the top quality out there but for the money they arent bad at all. if youd rather spend the money i will agree though that eibach is a great choice great quality stuff probably close to the best out there

The one, the only, ME.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:37 AM
any lowering spring without aftermarket struts is going to ride like crap. whether its eiabach or dropzone.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:04 PM
will ride BETTER with better struts like i said im not complaining about my ride quality im happy with it

The one, the only, ME.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 2:40 PM
It doesn't make sence to risk ruining your
ride with a poor product. Save up, and do
the suspension properly once. You don't want
to put on cheap struts or shocks, and have something
else brake because of it (ie ball joint, tie rod, ect.)

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 2:47 PM
04eco wrote:will ride BETTER with better struts like i said im not complaining about my ride quality im happy with it

get into a cav w/ a good quality suspension. that will change your mind on those springs

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:33 PM
i have, theres a less bounce yes but nothing wrong with the quality of the springs they've held up fine so far

The one, the only, ME.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:58 PM
they'll hold up fine of course, its the terrible high spring rate which makes them bad for our cars

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:27 PM
im not saying everyone here hasnt experienced it, but most have never driven in a car with a setup like this and say its crap when they really dont know thats all and everyones opinion of ride quality is different, not everyone wants a cadillac ride

The one, the only, ME.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 11:50 AM
04eco: you're totally missing the point. Struts/shocks are not primarily for comfort. Their primary purpose is to control the springs, so your car makes better contact with the road.

Try a little experiment once, if you ever get the chance. Get going 60 MPH and when you cross a predetermined line, lock up your brakes, mash it untill you come to a complete stop. Now do the exact same thing with new/high performace Struts. You'll be very suprised at the difference.

Or if you don't want to try it yourself, here's some links:
Test using Monroe shocks (not what I would call high performace)
Generic Study of Suspension Parts
Monroe Shocks again...
Up to 11 Meters (36ft) at 80Km/h (50mph)

Some say they don't care about stopping distances though (I'll bet your insurance company would love to hear that), but stopping distances are just once measure of how well the car handles.

Here's a link where some poeple building a race honda (yeah I know, terrible example) swapped out for better struts/shocks because it increases handling. Linky

The point here is that it's really not all about ride comfort. The point is that you're spreading misinformation that it's completely safe to drive around on struts never meant for the springs you have on there.

Ride comfort is nice, but I'm predominantly worried about safety/handling. The last thing you want to do is decrease your handling ability by putting DZ "performance" springs on IMHO.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:38 PM
i never said its safe to drive with stock struts on lowered springs i know damn well its not ive only mentioned i dont think the ride quality is as bad as everyone thinks it is and i also know that handling and stopping distances are far better controled on a car with the right struts for the springs. i just got out of college for this stuff and getting my ASE certification for suspension and steering and with that im not saying im a god like figure because of it im just stating i understand the concept of proper suspension setup with handling
sorry to any of the "learning" took it as i was saying its really alright to have this setup, its not, but the ride isnt that terrible

The one, the only, ME.
Thursday, December 22, 2005 2:54 PM
I have Dropzone springs. I also have Dropzone struts. The ride was great....at first. 3 months later and the rear struts I think are blown. Although i haven't taken them off yet to inspect them thoroughly. The front are still rebounding strong.

You gotta love ppl who preach others experiences. Oh I had a friend, blah blah blah. If I were to say that doinking guys was awesome, would you go telling everyone that?!?!?! NO!

Thursday, December 22, 2005 6:15 PM
bah fine think what you all want ive had my drop zne springs for like 4 months now and nothing wrong but everyone will think what they want even if they havent tried themselves

The one, the only, ME.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search