tie bar sub frame brace - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tie bar sub frame brace
Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:06 AM
I have been trying to find the sites that sell the control f/x tie bar and sub frame brace. please let me know where you got these products.

Re: tie bar sub frame brace
Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:57 AM
Well you can make your own subframe brace, for alot cheaper then the control FX one.

about $30 and 1 hour of work.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 12:27 PM
You can make the tie bar too for $50 worth of parts (or less) and 2 hours work.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:21 PM
tie bars can be made for under 30 and 15 minutes which includes install. i made an entire walkthrough on it.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:41 PM
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:tie bars can be made for under 30 and 15 minutes which includes install. i made an entire walkthrough on it.

Do you have that link handy?

Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:45 PM
nope. just use the search button.... to find it, i;d have to do the same.

set it for all dates, type in tie bar... should come up.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:48 PM
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:nope. just use the search button.... to find it, i;d have to do the same.

Thank you.

Friday, December 02, 2005 12:48 PM
El Fuego ( the unstable ) wrote:
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:nope. just use the search button.... to find it, i;d have to do the same.

Thank you.

actually now that i think about it, it might be easier....check the FAQ in section 13 of 14. sorry at work on break, but should be linked in there from when i redid the FAQ.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:33 AM
Well you guys didn't answer my question. I know I can make one but I want to know where you can buy them.
Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:54 AM
^^^ lazy.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:24 PM
You're gonna have to post a want ad in the classifieds is your best bet.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 5:54 PM
jrod2783 wrote:Well you guys didn't answer my question. I know I can make one but I want to know where you can buy them.

ControlFX no longer exists, so you will not find any retailers carrying their items.

At the present time, nobody makes a rear tie bar. I believe RK Sport carries a tie bar.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 6:54 PM
Zach wrote:
jrod2783 wrote:Well you guys didn't answer my question. I know I can make one but I want to know where you can buy them.

ControlFX no longer exists, so you will not find any retailers carrying their items.

At the present time, nobody makes a rear tie bar. I believe RK Sport carries a tie bar.

rksport carries a subframe but basically its similar in overall function of resisting inward flex..

considering making your own consists of buying 3 parts... 1 radius rod, 1 heim joint, another heim joint.

and simply screwing the heim joint into the ALREADY threaded bar, i really wouldnt see what the problem is with making your own. besides the fact that you dont get any company stickers, its literally the same thing....well unpainted.... but its 3 parts that simply screw into each other then add the tie bar...

Friday, December 09, 2005 7:36 PM
well thanks guys for the help. now I can stop searching for those items. I'm not lazy either with my job and where it's at it makes it difficult to fabricate parts, but I guess now I'll have to. thanks again
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:26 AM
Event's How To is here.

Thanx, Event (as usual)!

L8r...

*** Need some 1995 Cavalier parts ???
*** FOR SALE: doors, windows, interior, engine parts, fenders, etc. -- email me!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search