Looking for some turbo 2.0 parts new - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for some turbo 2.0 parts new
Sunday, September 18, 2005 12:44 AM
Does anybody know where I could find a new camshaft or crank timing pulley for a turbo 2.0 motor?
I'm also looking for an aluminum radiator that is a little thicker (two or three core) that will fit in the stock location but tilted forward some. It would be nice if it wasn't as wide as the stock one for some extra charge pipe clearance.
For the cam.... stock would be alright but I am looking for something with a little more durration and/or lift to match the new head flow rate and cfm of the turbo.

All help is always appreciated!

Cardomain|Myspace

Re: Looking for some turbo 2.0 parts new
Sunday, September 18, 2005 1:00 AM
Oh yah, also looking for the trim that goes all around the doors and stuff to seal water out in the rain..... for a convertible. Haven't been able to find it yet.
It's a 1990 LE vert.
THANKS!

Cardomain|Myspace

Sunday, September 18, 2005 4:02 AM
You can find a large number of camshafts for the 2.0L OHC engine in the UK or Europe.
In the UK, Piper Cams and Kent Cams offer hydraulic and mechanical grinds from street to full race as well as uprated valve springs, retainers and adjustable cam pulleys. In Europe, Lexmaul, Dbilas and Shrick from Germany all offer cams.
You will find the cams listed for Vauxhall in the UK and Opel in Europe. Look for engine codes 20SER, 20SEH and C20NE or 2.0 OHC. Be aware there were no turbo varients of the 2.0 OHC engine made in the UK or Europe so some of the cams may have too much overlap for a turbo engine.
Personally I'm using a Kent Cams AST52 with their adjustable cam pulley and uprated valvesprings.

--------------------------
LT3 Powered Vauxhall Astra.
Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Ported Big Valve Head, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More
Sunday, September 18, 2005 2:21 PM
I have several parts. list whats you need and Ill see if I have some if not all.
Sunday, September 18, 2005 9:11 PM
^^^^I'm looking for a new stock or aftermarket camshaft mostly. I also really need the lower crank pulley, used or new.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, September 19, 2005 7:22 PM
I have a cam shaft and the pulley and a crank gear. hows $50 plus shipping sound
Monday, September 19, 2005 7:46 PM
awesome about the crank pulley!
I will deffinately take that off your hands. But the camshaft, is it new?
I am looking for a new one in specific. I just want to replace mine with a new one sincee I have a new bottom and top end. The only things I want to reuse on the new engine is the cam tower assembly and valve cover.

Cardomain|Myspace

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:34 AM
cam isnt new but you can get 1 from auto zone for like 125.00
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search