tuners? - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tuners?
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 7:56 AM
anyone know of a good tuner out there near pa? i want to do an engine swap on my 2000 2.2 for a 3800 and supercharge it.

thanks in advance!

Dave

Re: tuners?
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 8:24 AM
There is PJ(Daflyingskwirl) in south Jersey. I'll be going to him next spring/summer for a tune.

Also where in NEPA are you? Im up in susquhanna county.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 8:28 AM
Dave De Stefano wrote:anyone know of a good tuner out there near pa? i want to do an engine swap on my 2000 2.2 for a 3800 and supercharge it.

thanks in advance!

Dave

nice to know where you are at exactly

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 9:18 PM
well, i'm in tobyhanna, or about 40 minutes south of scranton.

i didn't say exactly where i am because i don't mind travelling a little if its for a good tuner.

how do i get in touch with Daflyingskwirl?(sorry...i'm new to this forum...)

thanks

Dave
Thursday, December 25, 2008 3:28 AM
PJ

Thursday, December 25, 2008 11:04 AM
thanks!

Dave
Monday, December 29, 2008 12:37 PM
i hope you arent planning on trying to run that 3800 off a j-body computer.

Monday, December 29, 2008 8:41 PM
lmao, no...i don't know everything there is to know about these cars, but i know that. still not sure if i wanna do this or not...just looking into my options....my sister has a 96 grand am gt with a 3.1 v6...she blew the engine...maybe i'll try to use that? or do an eco-tec swap?...lol, i have no idea what i want to do.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:52 AM
Matt used to offering tuning, not sure if he does anymore or not. His name on here is rodimus prime i think it is.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 5:13 AM
JM Graphics / The Sticker Guy! wrote:Matt used to offering tuning, not sure if he does anymore or not. His name on here is rodimus prime i think it is.

he used too. but when he asked if they have a wideband 95% of them said no. and you need a wideband to tune

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 10:09 AM
well 1st I would make up your mind. a supercharged 3800 from a grand prix would be a sweet power plant. You could drop in a factory computer and run great. Then get something like DHP to tune with later if you wanted.

If you stick with something that can run off a J-platform, there are plenty of people that can tune it for you. If you are going with something you need a donor computer for, make sure that donor computer is supported by the software you want to use.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:10 AM
hmmm...well, from anyone here that has a 3800, what was the cost to have it put in? what kind of power numbers are you guys getting with the charged 3800?
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:11 PM
raven has a cardomain page with a list of everything needed for his swap along with prices for some of the parts.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:16 PM
I would do some searching around here. There are install guides that you can use to estimate cost, and quite a few members with the 3800 (although only a handful charged) that put down a good amount of power.

Its not a cheap or fast process, but is probably the most cost effective way to get power. It would have the highest HP to $$ ratio I would think.

If you dont have a huge budget, might want to start thinking boosted eco or something.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 5:16 PM
99redz24 wrote:
JM Graphics / The Sticker Guy! wrote:Matt used to offering tuning, not sure if he does anymore or not. His name on here is rodimus prime i think it is.

he used too. but when he asked if they have a wideband 95% of them said no. and you need a wideband to tune

well then i guess they didn't get tuned lol i say if your 100% serious about you car you will have the proper gauges and such but alot of people don't even have a wideband >:o

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search