A Sad Day for the 2200 - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A Sad Day for the 2200
Friday, December 12, 2008 12:31 PM
well i was driving home from work at around 1 am and it was raining out. didnt think much of it till i was about 2 mins away from my house when all of a sudden my belt tensioner decided to call it a night and let go of the belt resulting in me losing power steering, the altenator, and my water pump. i pull into my driveway to uncover my car overheating like crazy and virtually no battery voltage. i turned the car off popped the hood and the smell of anti freeze hits me right away and the sound of my coolant reservoir bubbling like crazy. went outside today and i see no leaks coming from cooling system components but im low on coolant so it had to have went somewhere >.> gonna get it checked out sometime next week seeing as how i dont have the proper tools to check it myself. here are some pics of my loose belt and the car sitting

Re: A Sad Day for the 2200
Friday, December 12, 2008 12:44 PM
Replace the tensioner, top off the coolant, and keep an eye on the temp gauge. If the temp gauge stays at the normal temp and there is no loss in power or abnormal sounds, then you should be fine.

Friday, December 12, 2008 1:37 PM
Tis why the 2200 is an epic fail motor.

nah, just parts wear out over time. X 2 on what kyle said.

Friday, December 12, 2008 2:33 PM
well this could either be what ive been lookin for or what ive been cursed with im thinkin of doin the 2.4 swap on her and then buying an 02-05 eco cav and doing a 99 front clip on it so i can use all my parts that i have.

Friday, December 12, 2008 5:35 PM
pressure release on the cap will vent fluid down the tube (on the ground somewheres) or it'll boil off as vapor.

like tinkles said, top it off replace broken parts and start it up. burp the cooling system and keep an eye on that temp gauge
(they should rename it the life gauge on those damn things)

Friday, December 12, 2008 5:36 PM
Check the oil and make sure theres no coolant in it. If not then just do as said, replace the tensioner and top off the coolant. Keep an eye on it and your temp gauge.

Friday, December 12, 2008 6:12 PM
i know something that u guys dont know lololol, right scott??? get that thing back up!!!! then we cant cruise to the bash of 2010

"still want to smash that like the fist of an angry god"
Friday, December 12, 2008 6:48 PM
you mean 09 haha o she will be up and running thanks to a few friends finding me some parts. and by the bash next year i have a lil secret in the works. i checked the oil its fine i didnt think about the vent tube that could have been where the smell originated once i get the tensioner replaced she will be up and running again no later then next weekend. until then my cobalt will have to do >.>

Sunday, December 14, 2008 7:38 AM
still wanna turbo the 2.2? thank god you didnt buy all those parts kiddo. that would suck

Sunday, December 14, 2008 12:51 PM
theres alot i still want to do lol just collecting right now. why you got something?

Sunday, December 14, 2008 2:56 PM
hell no, i got the 2.2 auto and i'll never dream of trying to do motor work on it, the thing can barely be trusted to use as a DD let alone try to modify it...plus when you're a college kid with bills out the ass it definitely is out of the question.

like i said, if you really plan to do that eco swap save up your money for it

Sunday, December 14, 2008 7:47 PM
I beat the piss out of my 2200 for a long time. Never left me sit once in 88k miles.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search