fs, right hand drive conversion - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fs, right hand drive conversion
Monday, April 07, 2008 5:46 PM
Thats right, its for sale.

Ive come to the conclusion that I'd rather have some equity, and buy a house, so I'm selling the right hand drive conversion.

What you get is everything needed to install the conversion safely instead of doing a complete firewall swap from street-line.

-dash cage
-dash pad stripped of its vinyl
-bezel
-the upper and lower dash
-and the right hand drive steering rack with subframe

Everything is in great condition. Would like to get what I paid for it.

PM me if your SERIOUSLY INTERESTED, please, dont waste my time right now.

Heres a pic of the dash, the rest of the stuff is up in the attic in my shop, so its difficult to get good pics up there. But like I said, if anyone is seriously interested I can get pics.

Re: fs, right hand drive conversion
Tuesday, April 08, 2008 5:11 AM
you're killing me wayde, if this was last spring before the car was finished i would have been all over it

glws

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 12:37 PM
you can still be all over it! put it in next year joey!!!

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 1:20 PM
Honestly the firewall swap would be easier in my opinion i think...

Only reason i say that is because we've done it with a civic and a plasma cutter make life really easy.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 1:20 PM
Honestly the firewall swap would be easier in my opinion i think...

Only reason i say that is because we've done it with a civic and a plasma cutter make life really easy.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 2:42 PM
is that legal in the us?

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 6:05 PM
might be easier, but do you think cutting out your firewall and welding in another one is safer?

^i cant see why it wouldnt be illegal?

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 7:23 PM
Completely safe and 100% legal. Its not a full firewall replacement guys, there is very very little reduction in structural integrity. Here i'll throw up some pics of what we did for you to show you how its safely done...

The JDM RHD clip from Japan....

Gut the whole car....

Now all you do is cut out the firewall internals which contain all the hole and everything needed to re-mount all mechanical parts ( Brake booster, clutch pedals, etc.) MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE...

Now what we did was cut the RHD clip the exat same way but a 3/16" lip around everything and then ratchet strapped the new inner wall in place with 6 straps to make sure it didn't move and everything was linned up. ( Measure measure measure measure)

Measure once again...

Tack weld it all in place..

Then run a bead around the whole seam and fully secure it. We then fusor'd the whole thing so it looks factory.

re-install everything from RHD clip...

It has no problems nor cracks holding 400whp....

We did put a stress crack in the original glass however, but a new front windshield has since been installed.

Piece of cake gentlemen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 08, 2008 7:26 PM

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 7:33 PM
with what i have for sale, you dont have the pull out the entire engine bay to do the swap, its mainly pull out your entire dash, measure and cut a hole for your steering column, install the steering rack, and some other things.

...but i guess removing your entire engine bay, cutting practically your whole firewall out and welding it all into place is easier? lol

dont get me wrong here, i appreciate the work that was done on that civic...but i still think with what i have for sale is the easiest.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 6:48 AM
sooooooo...........whats the price?

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 9:22 AM
joe, you got a pm

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 10:16 AM
Dude, arent you from canada? Shipping for that stuff is gonna be hella nuts.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 10:54 AM
Hrothgar (zack) wrote:Dude, arent you from canada? Shipping for that stuff is gonna be hella nuts.

as opposed to having it shipped in from Japan?

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 10:56 AM
not to mention the northern states in this forum, touch canada so its not that far of a drive.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 12:57 PM
I'm curious as a price too.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 3:06 PM
Have fun with the brake booster! The reason why Josh never drove the car is due to how you need to do some custom work, and still not 100% safe after what he did. Just want everyone to know how this could go very wrong. Also Jokr tried the same thing, but again his car was parted out also.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 3:22 PM
JtotheOtotheEtotheY wrote:
Hrothgar (zack) wrote:Dude, arent you from canada? Shipping for that stuff is gonna be hella nuts.

as opposed to having it shipped in from Japan?

Good point.

Are you guys sure that it's inspectable? I always thought it was illegal, I remember somebody from EMOTION tellin me about it since half of their members have the RHD conversion done. Either way good luck with whatever you 2 do.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 6:01 PM
if anyone wants to know a price, shoot me a pm

Friday, April 11, 2008 6:58 AM
bump, lots of interest

Saturday, April 19, 2008 6:16 AM
bump, lowered price

PM for info

Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:59 PM
ttt

Friday, April 25, 2008 10:42 PM
Someone might want to snatch this up, as street line apparently doesn't answer e-mails. I tried seeing what their stipulations were since its says " sponsorship deal"...

Or maybe they didn't like my whole i don't want your sponsorship just the toyota cav front clip paid in cash no strings attached... lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, April 25, 2008 10:43 PM

Friday, April 25, 2008 11:13 PM
before i bought this kit, i had contacted streetline.
6 months later on trying to get the front clip, all i got was "we are still talking with our contact at the junkyard"

no offense to streetline, but trying to get a front clip is going to be near impossible.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 7:20 AM
Interested in this. Sent you a PM.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008 9:27 AM
sent one back

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search