Eastern PA meet and greets??? Opinions - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eastern PA meet and greets??? Opinions
Friday, March 21, 2008 10:48 PM
******Spawning from the miracle thread proving that East PA isnt in fact not dead of orgers.******

Whadda guys think about a monthly or every other month meet? Lets hear your ideas for locations/events/whatnot. Keep in mind that we are generally spread out here, so maybe we could rotate locations.

Re: Eastern PA meet and greets??? Opinions
Saturday, March 22, 2008 8:12 AM
I'd be up for it as long as I'm free on the time/date.. hard to plan work schedule being in management (when I'm needed I'm there lol ) Also as long as I don't get flamed about having 1/3 interior 1/3 exterior 1/3 audio/video and some performance mods somewhere in there... lol j/k, Ill admit I started too much at once and ran out of time/funds heh. Not on here much anymore, but Ill keep checking back for this, not many .org members around my area and I'd like to meet a few

Saturday, March 22, 2008 2:39 PM
sounds like a plan except my car is down and may be down for a while but i'd still be up to a monthly gathering. good chance to meet other j owners and possibly learn a thing or two

Gathering:
1.) Tinkles
2.) jcondo
3.) strohlly7

People say that what doesn't kill you in this life
will make you stronger. I'm not sure if that is true
or not, but i do know one thing-You have to learn from
it and it has to make you better.......it has to.......

Saturday, March 22, 2008 4:53 PM
For those around the Exton area, TriStateTuners has a weekly meet Friday nights at the Sports Authority in Exton, right across the street from the mall.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 5:27 PM
how far into pa im about 20 mins from new milford pa in binghamton o nthe boarder of pa and ny and im interested in meeting new ppl
Saturday, March 22, 2008 10:06 PM
Ghostz-well from the looks of it, the location is up for debate. i'd think the scranton/wilkes barre area would be ideal beings that it's like the 'center' of n.e. pa

Saturday, March 22, 2008 10:34 PM
strohlly7 wrote:Ghostz-well from the looks of it, the location is up for debate. i'd think the scranton/wilkes barre area would be ideal beings that it's like the 'center' of n.e. pa

yeah thats true. but most people in the NE forum are in south pa like York, Lancaster, harrisburg and maryland

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, March 22, 2008 11:22 PM
i'd come out for a meet. dont really matter to me where i like to drive
Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:12 AM
depending on what day, i'd probably be up for a meet.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 10:09 AM
Any one know of a location? The only place i can think of is the state park on RT 118. I believe its called Rickets Glenn. I dont travel to southeast PA that often, so i dont know whats down there.

As for a day? I have had saturday in my mind, but i dunno how that works for any of you guys.

What would you guys like to do for a kind of activity? BBQ? Paintball? ummmmm, cant think of anything else.

Gotta go, family is here for easter.

Ghostz-Im not that far from ya, I live below montrose in springville.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 10:43 AM
im out near Pottstown/boyertown area but ill drive up there for a meet . i may not have the cav. but id be there

never knew there was a meet in Exton, hell all i gotta do is get on rt 100 and im there in no time. use to do it all the time when i was at ATC

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:08 PM
Yep, I'm down too. Where ever it may be. I think originally we were talking about hitting up Skirmish USA Paintball Park in Jim Thorpe which I believe is in Schuykill County. But other than that, I don't know if there's much of a hang out around there for our J-party. A BBQ would be good. I think it would be easier to keep the location centered around the eastern central part of pa seeing as how we have guys almost in NY, to Philly and almost as far east as State college. And I'll definitely have to try and make it to one of those meets in Exton. Like Joker, I went to school down there, too. But I went to UTI. So now I guess you and me will have to scrap over schools, huh Joker? J/K! I never understood that rivalry. What kind of cars meet there Zeke?

Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:23 PM
yeah we'll have scraps of that one

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:58 PM
yeah skirmish is located off route 903 in jim thorpe, carbon county. wouldn't be a bad thing except there aren't any places that we could actually park our cars and 'meet' afterwards and the skirmish dudes get a little antzy about people hanging around afterwards. i've tried it before. or wait, we could meet at mauch chunk state park (also in jim thorpe on route 902) afterwards. it's a nice place where we could all hang for a while and even take advantage of the scenery and take a few pics of our cars. these are just suggestions and n.e.p.a. is kinda big so no matter where we choose to meet, some will be driving further than others but thats how it always goes with a meet

Sunday, March 23, 2008 6:01 PM
sounds cool

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Sunday, March 23, 2008 6:05 PM
USMCZ24 wrote:Yep, I'm down too. Where ever it may be. I think originally we were talking about hitting up Skirmish USA Paintball Park in Jim Thorpe which I believe is in Schuykill County. But other than that, I don't know if there's much of a hang out around there for our J-party. A BBQ would be good. I think it would be easier to keep the location centered around the eastern central part of pa seeing as how we have guys almost in NY, to Philly and almost as far east as State college. And I'll definitely have to try and make it to one of those meets in Exton. Like Joker, I went to school down there, too. But I went to UTI. So now I guess you and me will have to scrap over schools, huh Joker? J/K! I never understood that rivalry. What kind of cars meet there Zeke?
All kinds. Check out TriStateTuners.com...

Sunday, March 23, 2008 6:35 PM
yep. State park sounds good. and agreed some people will have to drive farther then others but everyone will have to drive any where we would decide to hold it. Should be worth it. Now just need a general agreement to decide this location. Here's the link for the Paintball park: http://www.skirmish.com/ and it's $29.95 a person or if we get twenty people, they cut it down to $26.95. It includes everything but your paint. The state park link: http://www.fish.state.pa.us/water/lakes/mauch_chunk/00mauch.htm The address:
Mauch Chunk Lake Park
625 Lentz Trail
Jim Thorpe, Pa 18229

Some general directions and site map:

http://005e109.netsolhost.com/park/directions.htm

Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:03 PM
the last time i did that i ended up gettin shot on the ass like 5 times in a row

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:56 PM
I would definitely be up for a meet and greet.

I think Tinkles and strohlly7 have it right... a state park would be the best bet... no one would bother us, and there would be ample parking!

Sunday, March 23, 2008 8:45 PM
My thinking behind the rotating locations is this:

No matter what people are going to have to drive a abit for a meet, but if we moved the locations around its not always the same people making the loner trip. Also it might help to convince more people to come.

Joker - Keep your ass down. lol

strohlly7 - That sounds like a good idea. Paintball for a few hours, till like noon or 1. Then head over to the state park for the rest of the day. Those people who dont want to paintball can just meet the rest of us at the park for a BBQ. It would be an all day event. What do you guys think?

Sunday, March 23, 2008 8:48 PM
i was down , bastard came round the haybails outa no where , good thing he was a buddie and it was a church function too

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Monday, March 24, 2008 6:39 PM
Sweet. What are some dates we would be looking at for this thing? I'm starting a new job in April so I'd have to see what my work schedule would be like then. I'm working second shift so more than likely I would only be able to go on a day off.

Monday, March 24, 2008 7:15 PM
A saturday would be the best for me. I would also like to wait a week or two for it to warm up.

Monday, March 24, 2008 7:16 PM
^^ im with you

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:47 PM
i won't have my car out till some time in april...

if you plan on making a monthly meet though, i'm sure i can make it to a couple.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search