Ticket In PA..question - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ticket In PA..question
Saturday, July 14, 2007 11:05 AM
Brother in Law got a ticket on his way back from Virginia. Being a dumbass, didnt read the ticket and just sent it in. Now people are telling him that if you mail it in its an automatic guilty plea. Just wondering if anyone can help him out and give me some specifics on Speeding tickets in PA.

Thanks...

Re: Ticket In PA..question
Saturday, July 14, 2007 11:38 AM
as far as i know in c.t. you check a box on the back and then send it in ...........u check guilty or not guilty

4 door civic on the way i need a daily driver
Saturday, July 14, 2007 11:39 AM
There's an option on the ticket to sign "guilty" or "not guilty"... he had to have signed one of those when he mailed it in. If he sent in a check, that's automatic guilty. If he signed the "not guilty" part, he'll get a paper with a court date to go to court.

If it's not signed at all, I'm not totally sure what would happen or if they'd even accept it.

So no... mailing it in isn't necessarily a guilty plea.

Saturday, July 14, 2007 11:47 AM
you jsut mailed the ticket back to them??? whats the point of that? you check not guilty and send it in for a court date, check guilty and supply a check for guilty. if no money sent and no box checked more than likely not guilty and will recieve court date. i'd jsut pay it

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Saturday, July 14, 2007 12:14 PM
I didnt mail anything back to them...it wasnt me...

He mailed it back, checked not guilty...

Someone told him that if you mail it and dont send a check, its an automatic guilty plea. I have no idea what the ticket said on the back, so i dont know what the deal is...So i asked people who may know...

And yeah you might pay it...but he would like to keep his insurance rates low, and well...it was a 50 in a 45....so if he can at least get the points knocked down..why not..

Thanks Fallen, that took care of everything

Saturday, July 14, 2007 1:06 PM
Nope, if you mail it in and sign the Not Guilty line then you'll get a summons for your court date and they will expect payment immediately if found guilty. I do it all the time.

Saturday, July 14, 2007 1:50 PM
ah, you didnt say that he check not guilty thats why i was liek why mail back a ticket if you didnt read it or check anything...lol

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Sunday, July 15, 2007 8:16 PM
FYI.

PA only adds poitns to tickets if you from PA or MD. So it you are from outta state, PA will never send any info to your insurance. Now if you goto court and lose, then they call your insurance.

Next time, just send the check and call its quits.
Monday, July 16, 2007 8:59 AM
yes, out of state points dont transfer between most states. however, going 5 miles an hour over the speed limit doesnt give you any points or insurance increases in PA anyways.....i dont know where your from, but thats how PA works (at least with my expirience). Of course they also made me send in a check with my "not guilty" plea, and I got a partial refund afterwards.
Monday, July 16, 2007 9:09 AM
Ok what this hole thing means::

Ok if you get a ticket and you send it back not guilty 9 times out of 10 you have to send a check for it. This is to make sure you show up. (like your paying a deposit for the court room) if you dont show up then they keep your money and your a moron. But if you check not guilty send the ticket back with your check and then you go to court and win, you get your check back. But yes you have to check on or the other and all he did is made himself have to go to virgina again but this time for a court date.

2003 SE-R SPEC V
Custom turbo kit with a t66 turbo @ 15psi, Apexi safc2, custom side exit exhuast, JWT cams, JWT bsr, inovate wideband system, CP 8:5/1 pistons, carrillo rods, comp clutch stage 4, hks catch can, 10k hids. And more to come
Monday, July 16, 2007 3:58 PM
You don't check anything for PA citations. You sign one line or the other.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search