PA changed tinting laws - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PA changed tinting laws
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:11 PM
Well i dont know if any of you guys remember awhile ago about the thread i had about the tinting?

I said that i was going to get the tint exemption card from a local eye doctor. Well anywho, i tried, and they agreed to do it, but apparantely you can no longer get the exemption because anything other than stock tinted windows are illegal now, or if you have 70% light transmittence.

thats according to the DAT.

just thought you guys would like to know

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062967

Re: PA changed tinting laws
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:30 PM
retarded!

"Boost tuning"....... have you had your 8 PSI today?

future name of the winter shop!!!
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:32 PM
ya, they did that here a few years ago. used to be able to get a pass from any eye doctor, but now they dont even let old people who need it do it. kinda messed up, but also hard to control who gets a pass if you dont ban it also,

Fred Ohlson "The people that devised this cruel attempt
at acceptance and fame burn in there honda civics"
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:59 PM
thats so stupid i dont understand how cars that come stock with it are ok....
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:01 PM
the key is to find a company that makes your windows "factory dark". it will cost an azz load, but it depends how bad you want it

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:54 PM
cant you just say it came with tint?

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:06 PM
no, cuz once you look at it, you can tell. plus if they scrape it, and see that its not, you're in even more trouble

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:37 PM
i'm definetly going to try the "ohh well i just bought it like that" routine, thats about the only line of defense for it anymore

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:52 PM
ZeRo wrote:thats so stupid i dont understand how cars that come stock with it are ok....

Name me one passenger vehicle that is a CAR (not a truck or van) that comes stock in PA with Dark tint.

There isn't.

Trucks and Vans have different vehicle codes and standards compared to passenger cars. Limos are also exempt and have different requirments.

Come to think about it, there isn't a single car that comes with Dark tint stock. Stock meaning the tint is baked into the glass and not an aftermarket film. Only way to orer a car with baked in tint that is dark is to have proper exemption forms (IE someone like a limo service) and to order it like that. Most of the time even then its sent to a specialty shop and doesn;t come direct from the dealer like that.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:46 AM
sad that they let Trucks have tint on rear and side windows....I think I would be just as afraid of a guy in a truck or even a girl. Cause You know how some Country Folks Can be. Carring weapons on the rear window. I would be more worried about that then a car. Cause I would be willing to say there not carring a shotgun or riffle in the back seat. Some may. but not as likely as a person in a truck or SUV. Oh well. It's PA

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:26 AM
Hrothgar wrote:i'm definetly going to try the "ohh well i just bought it like that" routine, thats about the only line of defense for it anymore

That is not a valid reason. I was pulled over for my tint & the truth is that I did buy my car this way. I think it was about 2 years after I bought it that I was pulled over, in the wee morning hours (dark out) after passing a cop when I was going 65mph. I was headed into a city around here known to be a link for drug trafficing & so I think I was profiled, as lame as it is since I'm in a Sunfire. The cop was very nice, but told me that I had to remove my tint, then let me go. When I told him I bought my car with the tint he told me that it's not the dealer's responsibility to make sure a car is fully legal, it's the consumer's. I'm pretty sure he just wanted to see inside the car because he's been the only one to pull me over in 5.5 years, my tint isn't dark... but that's another story. Just wanted to let you know that it won't work, don't try it.

What's DAT? I'm pretty sure you don't mean Dental Admissions Testing, or Design Advisory Teams, both of which were common results when I Googled it

I found by researching just now online that what you're saying isn't true. I found a bunch of sites that say exemption is still allowed if you're approved. However, I was looking at the PA vehicle code site, http://www.pacode.com and not at the DAT info whatever that is. I found the information on many sites, but the PA vechicle code site is what I've always gone by. The Attorney General site http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/consumers.aspx?id=295 also has some good info on it & points out some reasoning as to why saying "I bought it like this" won't work. I'd hope the two of them would be up to date if anything changed.

Send me some links & show me where your information is from if I'm wrong, I can't find anything that says that exemption isn't allowed anymore.

Regardless, no big deal. There is no reason to have super dark tint, I never understood it & I do have tinted windows

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:43 AM
Entrapped Fury (aka Spence) wrote:sad that they let Trucks have tint on rear and side windows....I think I would be just as afraid of a guy in a truck or even a girl. Cause You know how some Country Folks Can be. Carring weapons on the rear window. I would be more worried about that then a car. Cause I would be willing to say there not carring a shotgun or riffle in the back seat. Some may. but not as likely as a person in a truck or SUV. Oh well. It's PA
You, sir, are an idiot.

I think people should worry less about racists and more about misinformed stereotyping morons like yourself. I happen to BE from "the country" ... and the country in PA, no less ... and I know ALOT of people that have "weapons in the back window". Unless you cause a direct threat to them or their family, they'd never hurt you or anyone else.

So stop spewing your uneducated hate and go back to the hood and hang with the thugs...see how likely THEY are to not hurt you.

Sad that a worthless diatribe like yours was brought on by someone posting something equally as misinformed. Had that guy actually RESEARCHED before he posted, you could have been a racist dumbass without anyone knowing. But now you've been outed.

Asshat.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:44 AM
Kept on looking & so I guess I posted too soon.

This is a link to a vechicle sun screening fact sheet on the PA DMV website. It's a link to .pdf link, I didn' want to post a direct link to a .pdf since I know that annoys me, I won't do it to others

On that .pdf, you will notice that it says medical exemptions are available for the use of colorless sun screening products. Also, there are exemptions for those cars that were registered in PA with sun screening installed prior to Sept. 8,1984. There is also a number you can call for exemption info.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:02 AM
Bottom line is people just need to read and comprhend this crap correctly. That stuff with the pre 1984 only applies to windows that were baked with tint, not the aftermarket film that is applied. These laws have nothing to do with "gun" saftey and have everything to do with visual safty with the uses of certian vehicles. I don;t care what you claim if you have 15% limo tint on your back 3 windows you are a damn hazard in a car due to the lack or mirror reflective surfaces that are required on the trucks and vans. Not to mention trucks and vans have more of a hualing purpose so those windows can be blocked at any time. Thats why they MUST have 2 outside mirrors with atleast 19.5 square inches of reflective surface. most trucks, vans, and SUVs have way OVER that amount.

I have been saying for years now that the www.pacode.com link needed to be placed at the top of this forum and then people need to actually read it and cross reference.

Instead its a bunch of kids that read what they want to, then make stupid assumptions about hicks and guns in the rear window.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:13 AM
umm you do know that our windows are tinted from factory right??? its a slight tint but it is tinted

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:53 AM
JimmyZ wrote: I happen to BE from "the country" ... and the country in PA, no less ...

yet your profile says your from Towson, Maryland........

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:10 AM
LiquidFireCavy (mdk) wrote:
JimmyZ wrote: I happen to BE from "the country" ... and the country in PA, no less ...
Well holy crap Scoob. I guess in your little world, people are never allowed to MOVE? My profile says I'm in Towson so I must be trying to BS everyone?

FYI, I've lived in Towson since October of 2003. In the past though, I lived in a little town called Greenbrier, PA. Population about 50. So small it doesn't even have a post office. Lots of "rednecks". Lots of cows, pigs, etc. Lots of guns. Very few people getting shot, oddly enough.

Were I trying to say I was THERE, I would have said I was IN "the country".

GOD, where the @!#$ does nit-picky bull@!#$ like this come from and what do you really think it will accomplish?

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:17 AM
Bahahah. Who is this small minded tool? I have a feeling he has a hard time grasping even the simplest ideas.

LiquidFireCavy (mdk) wrote:

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 12:07 PM
err, starrgirl i meant DOT not DAT

wow when the hell are we going to get an edit button

thanks for the heads up though on your "bought it like that" attempt.

and JIMMYZ i think you overreacted a bit pal, i'm from the country and i didnt take any offense to what he said at all. he did say SOME country people, like half of my friends do.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:08 PM
only reason i said anything bout JimmyZ is b.c i do currently live in the country in Pa
and i know Towson isnt exactly country
so dont get your panties all up in a bunch dude
it wasnt an attack, just an observation

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:17 PM
JimmyZ wrote:
Entrapped Fury (aka Spence) wrote:sad that they let Trucks have tint on rear and side windows....I think I would be just as afraid of a guy in a truck or even a girl. Cause You know how some Country Folks Can be. Carring weapons on the rear window. I would be more worried about that then a car. Cause I would be willing to say there not carring a shotgun or riffle in the back seat. Some may. but not as likely as a person in a truck or SUV. Oh well. It's PA
You, sir, are an idiot.

I think people should worry less about racists and more about misinformed stereotyping morons like yourself. I happen to BE from "the country" ... and the country in PA, no less ... and I know ALOT of people that have "weapons in the back window". Unless you cause a direct threat to them or their family, they'd never hurt you or anyone else.

So stop spewing your uneducated hate and go back to the hood and hang with the thugs...see how likely THEY are to not hurt you.

Sad that a worthless diatribe like yours was brought on by someone posting something equally as misinformed. Had that guy actually RESEARCHED before he posted, you could have been a racist dumbass without anyone knowing. But now you've been outed.

Asshat.

I just so Happen to be from the country myself probably more so than you AssHat. I also Own a F*cking Truck, a car, and a SUV. Apartently you never looked at my profile. With that @!#$ty ass pic of myself being white as a ghost and partying at my Cabin in the middle of BUM F*ck PA. I'm more in the country than you probably are or ever will be. Don't @!#$in' talk down to me like I don't know what the @!#$ I'm talking about. And I could give to @!#$ you are a moderator. I was being a smart ass and some what serious. Because if I was a cop I would more than likely be more worried about those vehicles than a @!#$ car with tinted windows. What is the Benefit of alllowing a truck to have tinted windows and a car not to have tinted windows? There is no real reason why trucks should be allowed tint either if a car is not. The only benefits I see for vehicles is to help cut down on the possiblity of theft. But what is good for the kettle is good for the pot. If it isn't legal for cars then it sure as hell shouldn't be legal for Trucks to have any type of tint on it's rear window.

And as far as the stereotyping goes I think you Just now have fallen victim of stereotyping me without even knowing me or ever talking to me. Seems like you just like to go and talk @!#$ before knowing the facts as well. And to you sir Have a Nice Day! AssHat

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:40 PM
Entrapped Fury (aka Spence) wrote:I just so Happen to be from the country myself probably more so than you AssHat. I also Own a F*cking Truck, a car, and a SUV. Apartently you never looked at my profile. With that @!#$ty ass pic of myself being white as a ghost and partying at my Cabin in the middle of BUM F*ck PA. I'm more in the country than you probably are or ever will be. Don't @!#$in' talk down to me like I don't know what the @!#$ I'm talking about. And I could give to @!#$ you are a moderator. I was being a smart ass and some what serious. Because if I was a cop I would more than likely be more worried about those vehicles than a @!#$ car with tinted windows. What is the Benefit of alllowing a truck to have tinted windows and a car not to have tinted windows? There is no real reason why trucks should be allowed tint either if a car is not. The only benefits I see for vehicles is to help cut down on the possiblity of theft. But what is good for the kettle is good for the pot. If it isn't legal for cars then it sure as hell shouldn't be legal for Trucks to have any type of tint on it's rear window.
Um, congratulations (I think) on being more of a bumpkin than me? I did look at your registry actually...I'm familiar with Canton, up there in bass-ackwards Bradford County. Care to explain what any of that has to do with laws regarding tint on cars?
Entrapped Fury (aka Spence) wrote:And as far as the stereotyping goes I think you Just now have fallen victim of stereotyping me without even knowing me or ever talking to me. Seems like you just like to go and talk @!#$ before knowing the facts as well. And to you sir Have a Nice Day! AssHat
Hey, you're the one that made the statement that people in pickup trucks with "weapons in the window" should be considered dangerous, not me. If not that, what exactly DO you consider to be unfair stereotyping?

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:48 PM
JimmyZ wrote:

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:01 PM
JimmyZ wrote:Hey, you're the one that made the statement that people in pickup trucks with "weapons in the window" should be considered dangerous, not me. If not that, what exactly DO you consider to be unfair stereotyping?

No where did I say anything about them being dangerous I said I would be more afraid being a cop approcating them. Just because of the possiblity they could be in an off mood or just about anything.

Thanks hrothgar!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:04 PM
when he posted that the phrase "pot called the kettle black" came to mind

BTW where are you at in PA?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search