vortech rsm v9 supercharger kit for z24 2.4 - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
vortech rsm v9 supercharger kit for z24 2.4
Saturday, January 03, 2009 7:56 PM
Up for sale is a complete rsm racing vortech sperchager kit for the 2.4L chevy motor and includes everything needed for installation including color installation directions.im located in ct so this kit can be picked up or shipped out.Im in need of money to fund my other cavy project so this kit will bill sold to the first best offer because i haver no choice but to get rid of my extra parts.You can call me at 860 942 7757 with any questions or pm me also.Thanks,Josh

Re: vortech rsm v9 supercharger kit for z24 2.4
Tuesday, January 06, 2009 6:21 AM
thats becoming a rare thing to find.

good luck with the sale.

free bump.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 2:03 PM
all pms returned. Anyone who needs pics can pm with a phone number and a email so that i can send them.If i get photobucket to work i can email them but if not they will be high quility camera phone pics.The kit never made it on my old 97 z24 cavy because i ended up selling the car to my buddy who still hasnt replaced the motor in it.The kit has the vortech blow off valve all the custom plumbing and pulleys so its ready to be bolted on.I can drive to meet someone in new england if not i can box and ship the kit out the same day i receive payment.ill be posting all the specs soon.I currently am doing a 3800 swap into my 96 cavy so im selling alot of my spare parts that im not using at the moment.Thanks for the comment John becauese yes i know these kits are getting really rare.Especially to see these kits complete where you dont have to run around to get all the parts.I ve been sitting on this kit for a while because of that waiting to pick up another z24.This kit will be sold cheap because i want a quick sale.Thanks,Josh
Tuesday, January 06, 2009 2:36 PM
is this kit better than the gm supercharger?
Tuesday, January 06, 2009 2:41 PM
Dave De Stefano wrote:is this kit better than the gm supercharger?

not worth it IMO. the system runs off the intake cam and that only spins half as fast as the crank

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, January 06, 2009 4:50 PM
whats the price your looking for?
I'm looking for an extra v-9 charger for some stuff a company wants to do with mine.

however since I'm just looking for a spare 500.00 for the charger would be what i could afford.

horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you push the wall with you
Wednesday, January 07, 2009 5:50 AM
99redz24 wrote:
Dave De Stefano wrote:is this kit better than the gm supercharger?

not worth it IMO. the system runs off the intake cam and that only spins half as fast as the crank

Although that is true, the RSM kit never really reached its full potential do to the lack of engine tuning the company had. Once people started running the GM reflash with the RSM kit, it did as good, or better than the GMPP kit. Not to mention the option to build a custom bracket to run it off the crank too.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009 10:57 AM
But it doesnt get as heatsoaked like the roots style blower, plus it is a rare item. I woulda picked it up a while ago if it was posted, since youve had it sitting around lol.

Thursday, January 08, 2009 9:08 PM
A ton of people want to buy this kit but as of now its still for sale.I will be sending pics out tommorow to everyone has has contacted me for them.I'm currently taking offers over 650 so someone snag this kit before its gone.No computer software included with this sale but i was going to use the gm supercharger reflash which i believe you can still get a your local chevy dealership.Any questions or offers please pm or call number listed.Anyone in new england can also come check this kit out any day. Thanks,Josh
Friday, January 16, 2009 1:44 PM
Sorry for the delay but pictures have finally been taken today so i will be uploading them to my email and then i will be sending them out to everyone still waiting for them.Thanks
Monday, January 26, 2009 4:38 PM
still for sale as of now. pictures have been sent anyone who didnt get them can send me your email address and i can send them to you.thanks,josh

Sunday, February 15, 2009 7:50 PM
Just to let everyone know the rsm supercharger kit is now officially no longer for sale. Although i did need the money i have finally stumbled on a z24 to put this kit on so i will be installing it as soon as i go to emissions and pass. I can proudly say that i am a proud owner of a 98 z24 converrtible and im so glad i didnt end up getting rid of this.Im looking for some parts for it in the new england area and have a ton of parts at my garage also we could trade.anyone with 2000 headlights.2.4 header can contact me.My new garage should be all set up by next month and i want to hold some install and car meetups so ct,ri,ma,ny members please throw me ideas.Thanks,Josh
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 10:13 AM
To my knowledge there are very few with this kit (including myself). My motor is out right now being built then hopefully by early summer I'll have my RSM kit on. Anyways keep me up to date on how you're making out. Do you plan to run this kit as it was built or off the crank?

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 10:30 AM
Glad to hear it.

Just remember, the RSM kit LOOVES the GM reflash.

good luck, and post up some pics.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:26 AM
Not to thread jack but I have HPTuners Pro and planned on the GM reflash, front mount intercooler and maybe some custom pulleys down the road. Like you said no one has really pushed this kit thus far and it will be nice to see what it can do. There is a guy on here (sorry I can't remember your sig) that is building brackets to run the V-9 off the crank. I personally can't wait to see that!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:35 PM
Dcampbell its good to see another owner of the rsm and as of now i plan on running the kit the way it was made. I plan to run bigger injectors, possibly a frount mount intercooler(HAVE 1 ALREADY DONT KNOW IF ILL USE IT),and software to make the car run better.I was really considering the hpt but now i have to explore whether or not the gm reflash will work better.Hey John please contact me so mayb you can come give me a hand starting this project. Im currently trying to unload my old daily driver a 4dr 96 cavy so anyone wants a cheap beater let me know. As soon as that sells i will take delivery of a 2003 cavalier that was hit in front but still has clean title.I will then have this z24 98 project and the 03 cavy project which means alot of work ahead of me.I finally fixed my photobucket to post pics so i will be posting plenty of pics soon.Thanks,Josh
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search