looking for possible help - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
looking for possible help
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 10:25 AM
i'm looking to put my ecotec w/ 5spd in to the sedan. when i attempt to do this i am looking to turbo it also. my thing is i have a very small amount ot knowledge of doing the turbo install and i am clueless on parts and tuning needed. so if some one could give me an idea it would be great. i only have around 2k to use to get the turbo installed and running. can it be done for that price range?

Re: looking for possible help
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 12:03 PM
You'd be pushing it with only 2k. If you can find a slightly used turbo for about 5-700, then youll need to be looking at about a 250 log mani, some charge pipes, intercooler, fuel mods(injectors, fuel pump), boost gauge, wideband gauge, stainless steel braided oil lines etc. You'd be right up there at 2k. Of course if you get all this stuff used, you can get it for 2k.

And there is always misc crap like T-fitting, vacuume hose, oil, gaskets, bov, and wastegate, stuff like that.

I do believe there is an eco guy parting out his turbo kit in this forum right now.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 12:37 PM
yeah i just replied to his thread. hoping someone local can help install it if i get it along with tunning.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 12:49 PM
Im running a $50 turbo from a grand national It can def be done for under $2k, and remember used genuine parts are always better than knockoffs.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search