WANTED: performance fuel pump or rear wing/spoiler - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WANTED: performance fuel pump or rear wing/spoiler
Wednesday, May 06, 2009 5:30 PM
I think my fuel pump is about to take a dump on me... so figure now is the time to upgrade...

and i am also looking for a not-too-ricer looking but yet cooler-that-stock rear wing/spoiler...

If any of you local folks have either of these... let me know....

I am in cleveland ohio for all who dont know me... and i dont mind driving... like pitsburg and detroit are not an issue for me...

Re: WANTED: performance fuel pump or rear wing/spoiler
Wednesday, May 06, 2009 7:03 PM

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 8:10 PM
J.R. wrote:

^^^^^ What wing is that ?? More Pics ??

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Thursday, May 07, 2009 4:02 AM
Get the racetronix fuel pump!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, May 07, 2009 4:21 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Get the racetronix fuel pump!

THAT

Thursday, May 07, 2009 5:25 AM
John Benham wrote:

THAT

I assume i just want the one made for the camero with a plastic tank?
and from what i read, it sounds like i should also get the wiring harness and for a few bucks more add the option for the booster down the road?

http://www.racetronix.com/RX-F99-FPKG-2.html

1999-2002 LS1 Camaro / Firebird / GTA
High-Performance Fuel Pump System
with Plug and Play Upgrade Wiring Harness

F99-FPA Fuel Pump Assembly
99-FPWH Wiring Harness

For $8 should i add the booster option?
and would our cars benefit from the grounding strap they offer for the f-body for $10?

I know there are several write ups on it.... i just want to be sure i order the right part or all the instructions in the world wont help me to install the wrong one.

J.R. wrote:

Yeah..... what spoiler is that? do you have one for sale? or you simply offering up suggestions as to a good looking spoiler?
I really like that design... that is my favorite style of spoiler... not too big, not too small, not too ricer... just an agressive "might be stock" look...
only thing is that looks like it attaches to the fenders, and not the trunk... which would make the trunk useless....
I actually prefer the spoilers that blend into the body... but since they all mount to the trunk... that is hard to pull off and not look like crap.

Thursday, May 07, 2009 5:38 AM
Here you go Ken, some info

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=410648&t=410648&p=4

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=434889&t=434889

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, May 07, 2009 6:04 AM
Thanks David!

I had read both of those just before.... but good to have the links now... esp. once i start the job.

I was just seeing if anyone had one for sale, before i go ordering one... and to make sure i didnt order the wrong thing.

Just curious.... injectors or faulty injector harness couldnt simulate a failing fuel pump could it?

i am getting error code 622 now and then.... and usually around the time the car dies... (which so far sounds like a fuel pump based on symptoms) but would hate to drop in a $200+ fuel pump and all that labor... just to find out it was a bad wire under the hood....

I am currently running LO-IMP injectors on my 02 ECU via resistors... just want to make sure that isnt causing issues and making it seem like a bad fuel pump.

the car starts and runs fine for weeks... then out of the blue one day nothing... wait 30 min.... or shoot a quick spritz of starting fluid in there and bang, fires right up and drives for another few weeks....

so it seems like fuel for sure... the 622 code confuses me... sounds like fuel pump based on reading... but i worry about injectors and there home brew resistors.

Thursday, May 07, 2009 7:05 AM
I would check your resistors, take an ohm reading and make sure it is consistant withthe resistor used.

But as far as a fuel pump, you should be running this bad boy anyways.

Yes, you want the f-body plastic tank one, yes, get the harness with it. I dont think you will ever need to add a booster pump to it, so you might wanna save the $8, and the ground strap is prolly worthless for our application.

Thursday, May 07, 2009 7:47 AM
just was thinking about it...

a dying electric motor.... when it starts to go... it looses efficiency.... takes more power to do the same or less work... overheats faster...etc...

like power window motors... they go down ok (no load)... but up is hard for them... harder you try and hotter they get... the less you get out of them.... and they go downhill fast... good to ok takes a long time... ok to iffy goes quick... iffy to crap in a hurrry... crap to worthless in a blink of an eye.....

well i was just thinking about it.... what are the 2 biggest differences between "run" and "start"?

1. start has only 12v to use... run should have 14v+

2. start uses MOST of the avaiable power (12v max) to crank the starter.... leaving far less than 12v for other things... like fuel pump.

so if i have a dying fuel pump.... it might run fine on 14v and even at 12v when cold... but combine the crappy pump with warm temps, and lack of even full dedicated 12v power.... and you get nothing....

squirt some starting fluid in there... to get something to burn while the starter is going... and it will fire right up, get that alternator spinning, and the started out of the mix... and then the pump will take over....

Makes sence to me.... anyone else?

Thursday, May 07, 2009 3:07 PM
nevermind....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, May 07, 2009 3:10 PM

Monday, May 11, 2009 7:13 AM
ken soggs wrote:just was thinking about it...

a dying electric motor.... when it starts to go... it looses efficiency.... takes more power to do the same or less work... overheats faster...etc...

like power window motors... they go down ok (no load)... but up is hard for them... harder you try and hotter they get... the less you get out of them.... and they go downhill fast... good to ok takes a long time... ok to iffy goes quick... iffy to crap in a hurrry... crap to worthless in a blink of an eye.....

well i was just thinking about it.... what are the 2 biggest differences between "run" and "start"?

1. start has only 12v to use... run should have 14v+

2. start uses MOST of the avaiable power (12v max) to crank the starter.... leaving far less than 12v for other things... like fuel pump.

so if i have a dying fuel pump.... it might run fine on 14v and even at 12v when cold... but combine the crappy pump with warm temps, and lack of even full dedicated 12v power.... and you get nothing....

squirt some starting fluid in there... to get something to burn while the starter is going... and it will fire right up, get that alternator spinning, and the started out of the mix... and then the pump will take over....

Makes sence to me.... anyone else?

Thats what my Z did when my pump died.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:23 PM
John Benham wrote:

THAT

HEY NOW!!!!

who sent me this toy pump!!! that isnt funny.... this thing is so small it could hardly fuel my lawnboy!

is this really it??? $230 for something half the size of a red bull can????

i was expecting this huge football sized beast of a pump.... i wanted it to dwarf my starter....

but this is what i get for $200 bucks...

did i accidentally click on "geo metro fuel pump"?
or maybe they were on back order... and so they sent me the minature racetronics fuel pump replica paperweight as a "sorry about the delay" gift....

Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:40 AM
I believe it is right. It fits inside your old pump assembly.
IF your bored this weekend I;m finishing my racetronix pump install Saturday....you could stop on by and laugh. LOL

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:50 AM
thought you were coming out my way to get those seat from pull a part....

I was going to offer to hop along with you... i need some random parts myself...

I am about to go out and drop my tank right now... hopefully get my new pump in this morning....

so if all goes well i would be glad to come out and give you a hand on yours....

hell, if your bored today, you can come out and help me do mine now... i will be the guinea pig....

Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:43 AM
The gas tank bolts......I believe I have some extra Stainless steel ones, and a @!#$ ton of claps for the filler tube. I bought a box of 25 claps from the dealer.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search