having trouble.... help? - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
having trouble.... help?
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:17 PM
hey guys heres the deal. my cavy has been doing this thing. i try to start it and there is a long pause then a click over and over till about the third time and it would start, like its taking a while for power to get to the silinoid. now i thought the silinoid was going bad so i replaced the starter. well now it only does it once but there is still a long pause. so does anyone have an idea on what it could be? and has it happen to anyone else?

thanks

Re: having trouble.... help?
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 1:26 PM
Is it a auto or a manual? If auto it could be your neutral safety switch on it's way out, or could also be your starter relay going out to. Just had to replace my relay 2 days ago because of this. Also check for loose cables, on the battery, starter and your grounds to chassis and engine. Worst case could be your starter needs replacing.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 4:58 PM
Electricity travels at 186,000 miles per second. It would take a lot of cable before it made it be a while for power to get to the solenoid.

Sounds to me lie the relay is possibly bad.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:00 PM
Have you checked your battery? Lol
Mine wa doin the same thing weeks ago, I replaced the starter. Was doin the same thing. Turns out it was my battery.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, December 31, 2008 1:47 PM
havent checked it yet there are some other things wrong with it that i have to fix before i get to it. lol. but i will look into the battery before i buy relays. thanks guys.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search