IL State Wide Poker Run - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
IL State Wide Poker Run
Monday, December 22, 2008 12:31 PM
Would anyone be interested in doing a state wide poker run through IL sometime in the spring? I've been itching to put one of these on for a while and think it would be a blast. 24 hours to hit 4 spots all over the state and get back to the start point for the final card.

Here's what I had in mind....

Start and Finish: Atomic Fabrication in Joliet, IL
North Stop: Rockford, IL
West Stop: Quad Cities
East Stop: Danville, IL
South Stop: Cairo, IL
Cost $20 for one person, $35 for 2 person team in 1 car
Prize: 50% of the take, in cash

It would take SOME effort to get to each place but I think it could easily be done in 24 hours, even doing close to the speed limit. We'd like to get at least 30 people to make this fun, and everyone's invited, so spread the word!

Updates:
-The rough milage for this event is 1100 miles. That means that at 65MPH it should take you roughly 18 hours to complete the full trip. Could take more or less time depending on your route and speed though.
-Any car/truck/motorcycle is invited. Anyone entering must DRIVE THE CAR TO THE START POINT. There is no reason to trailer a car for a poker run, even if your coming from a ways away.
-You can take any route you want, just make sure you hit all 4 spots and get back to the finish point in time.
-2nd and 3rd will have a prize of some sort. just not sure what yet.
-GPS, maps, genies and any other routing device will be permitted this time. With the event being 1100 miles, I think it's allowable.
-So far I only have 2 reasons for disqualifications. Coming back to the shop with only 3 cards and not making it back to the shop by the deadline.

I am still trying to find locations that are either going to be open during the times of this event, 12AM-12AM, or places were I could put the cards and not have to worry about them being disturbed or having the participants get in trouble for being there after hours.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Re: IL State Wide Poker Run
Monday, December 22, 2008 6:20 PM
i told you im in if im home

Monday, December 22, 2008 7:39 PM
hmm i got your message and said to myself " i dont know how to friggin play poker"
once again reading > me
im in permitting i have a running car

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 3:20 AM
arrival_04_eco (green98cav) wrote:i told you im in if im home

shotgun!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 2:10 PM
Sounds like fun, when ya get an official date post it up. Can't commit until i know the date.

Thursday, December 25, 2008 6:46 AM
We're looking at March 20.

Also the Cairo, IL stop has been dropped. The distance is now roughly 600 miles.

Thursday, December 25, 2008 6:51 PM
@!#$ ill be at work that means im out unless it march 28th

Saturday, December 27, 2008 9:50 AM
MIGHT be able to get in on this... depending entirely on how much money I have at the time and if I am at work or school...

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Monday, December 29, 2008 1:34 PM
This needs to be huge so we have motivation to do more guys! Come on!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search