Boredom+old headlights= - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Boredom+old headlights=
Monday, December 22, 2008 3:04 PM
Well I had a set of projectors for my 98 that never fit it correct, and I am laid off so I have plenty of time to dick with @!#$. Soo I decided to "modify" them to use for a little trip I have planned. I want as much light as possible to be on the road while I am driving at night.

They are far from done but its a big start. My welder has needed a new liner since I picked the thing up (cant argue with free) so my welds tend to look like @!#$. These lights will be mounted behind the bumper and only be installed for long trips involving night time driving. They look a bit @!#$ty but they will work.

I still have to make a few additions to teh brackets so I can somewhat aim the lights and also need the mounting tabs.

Currently have 9006 lamps in them, will probably replace with some Silverstar Ultras.

CC welcome.

Re: Boredom+old headlights=
Monday, December 22, 2008 3:07 PM
pics of car so we can see mounting area???

Monday, December 22, 2008 3:12 PM
CONSULT CHADLEY THE GREAT PROJECTOR MAKER

Monday, December 22, 2008 3:14 PM
Going on a 98 Z24. If i have everything planned out right it will come out through the lower opening in the fascia, near the factory fog lamp.

Monday, December 22, 2008 3:20 PM
how do you plan on them working if they're behind the bumper!?!? but yeah what vehicle these going on? they do look good. also interested in seeing the area to be mounted.

Monday, December 22, 2008 3:27 PM
They will shine out through the lower of the 2 openings in the 98 Z bumper. I will loose a little bit of light but not much.

Thats the fascia they will be behind. I used the wrong wording in the first post.

Monday, December 22, 2008 4:03 PM
i know what you ment on the location. i was jk. why don't you work the projectors into the location of the factory fogs. i think if you worked it in there right it would look very good and give you a better light output. just my thoughts.

Monday, December 22, 2008 4:07 PM
I dont plan on them being on the car year round, only when going on a trip that will involve a decent amount of night driving. Keeping them a removable part would also allow installation on either of my other vehicles. Not likely to ever go on the truck though.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 7:44 PM
are those actually the rk sport bumper lens covers?!

Are you scared of the changes coming? The answer is on the inside.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 9:06 PM
I have no idea. They were on a bumper that I had picked up after a front end swap had been done.

Sunday, December 28, 2008 6:20 PM
Camera didnt want to focus but here is what they look like at night. This is only a temp. install until I feel like doing it correctly. jut needed a quick addition of extra light up close.

Sunday, December 28, 2008 10:22 PM
Looks mean kinda. Wish I could make something like that work on the Fire. I hate driving out in the country with my crappy stocks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search