Good price and paint job? - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Good price and paint job?
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:00 AM
I am in the process of swapping the front ends on my cars and am gonna need to get them painted. I haven't looked around too much yet, but i wanted to know if any of you knew any good, but reasonable priced places to go. I need to get a 00-02 hood, 00-02 bumper cover, and one 00-05 fender painted sunburst orange. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Re: Good price and paint job?
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:24 AM
you should be selecting a body shop via reputation, not price.

ask around your area for some good shops, then go to them and ask for quotes.

I would say under $500 is a pretty decent price for all that in a quality job.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:26 AM
Well in northeast ohio 1500 would be cheap.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:34 AM
damn.....that sux.

we have a lot of quality places that do work at a relatively low rate here, probably cause there are so many, it keeps it competitive.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:40 AM
thanks. after i leave my tech school ill go out and get some quotes. the main thing i think would be expensive is my paint. from what i hear its not that cheap

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:18 AM
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:19 AM
yeah im in cincy. ill check them out

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:52 AM
Got my whole car done for $1500 (with extra clear) here in NW Indiana, damn good job too!! That was done at a Chevy dealer, best body/paint shop I've used!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 12:31 PM
dealers suck around here.....

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:38 PM
John Benham wrote:dealers suck around here.....

so do you but we don't hold it against ya.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 6:49 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:
John Benham wrote:dealers suck around here.....

so do you but we don't hold it against ya.

you better not.....its my best asset.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:32 AM
If you are willing to drive the hour or so to Louisville I can get you a deal on getting your stuff painted. Probably around 350-400ish for all of it.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 2:55 PM
why ant you having brain do it

and who did you swap front ends with

Saturday, November 22, 2008 9:05 AM
I know Brian and I worked on your door and trunk last night Chris. He got them straight. Call brain thought I would guess 500-1000 depending on how much the paint cost and how much body work needs to be done for that front end (hood & bumper). I know we are going to spray the FieroVert in that same color. We already sprayed the block and suspension and I know at the time it was a little pricey for us to mix. Give him a call. I know we have Chris’s car to finish and paint, the Volvo to fix and paint, the boat, and my graphics to put on before spring. I know he can get you in.

Chris- give me a call about what you want to do with the gas fill.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Saturday, November 22, 2008 4:32 PM
if you go up to a dealer ship some will do it for $100 a piece.... great norther dodge will do it in north olmsted.
Monday, November 24, 2008 7:06 PM
thanks guys. i PM'd brian on CMS and he never got back but ill give him a call one of these days and see what he says. i know the fender needs a little work and there is a spot on my door that got the paint rubbed off from the wreck, but the hood and bumper are fine

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:46 AM
spray paint it... it works lol

JstAcav
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:58 PM
sunburst04cav wrote:thanks guys. i PM'd brian on CMS and he never got back but ill give him a call one of these days and see what he says. i know the fender needs a little work and there is a spot on my door that got the paint rubbed off from the wreck, but the hood and bumper are fine

I talked to brian. He dosen't get onto CMS all that much. I guess you had him look the car over after the accident. He said that the one fender wasn't worth fixing when he could get a new one for around $30 and some prep time. I'm guessing you need the fenders, hood, bumper, and door painted. I will let you know that the panels you have might look OK but when you start prepping them you can find a lot of other dents, etc. that you didn't see before. If you just want someone to shoot some color on it then call macco but it sounds like you need a lot more than $150 worth of work. He'll make it straight and right and save money for you where he can but their are a lot of body work hours that can go into it. Paint with out the other chemicals (reducers, clear, hardner, primer, etc) can cost $80 qt. plus tape materials. This also dosen't include the cost of the shop and tools etc. Take it over to him he'll do you right and get it looking right.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Thursday, November 27, 2008 3:36 PM
yeah i need the driver side fender painted(im just gonna have him get me a brand new one), i need the hood painted, front bumper cover painted, and a small spot on the driver door

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search