WANTED: cheap cat back - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WANTED: cheap cat back
Saturday, November 01, 2008 6:40 AM
well the time has come to replace my cat back tubing. i got a quote for new tubing, labor, yadda yadda for 280... so i need to find something cheaper!! hahahaha
no bigger than 2.25" dont care what muffler you have or if there isnt one.

located in indianapolis, and i prefer to not have to drive super far to pick it up.

thanks!

Re: WANTED: cheap cat back
Saturday, November 01, 2008 10:32 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-03-Chevy-Cavalier-2-2-L-Catback-N1-2-2L-96-97-98-99_W0QQitemZ200268810870QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200268810870&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A7%7C240%3A1318&_ trksid=p4506.c0.m245

It's 2.5" but that won't matter to much. It's in Indy so maybe you could pick it up and save money there if they allow it.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Saturday, November 01, 2008 10:40 AM
That doesn't seems like a bad deal. Add a long res to that and it might not be to bad.

Saturday, November 01, 2008 10:49 AM
I'm in the chicago burbs....and I have the exhaust left from darkstar's old car when I installed mine not too long ago..I'd weld it on for ya if you drove up here....$100 and it's yours. here's what it looks like....if you want to add a resonator I'll weld that in as well.

Sunday, November 02, 2008 3:15 PM
I still have my factory '02 Sunfire GT cat back exhaust. If you come pick it up you can have it for free! Or if you didn't want to drive the 4 hours, we could probably meet halfway or something for say $75. Let me know.

Sunday, November 02, 2008 3:54 PM
mufflers included?

Sunday, November 02, 2008 3:59 PM
Yep, mufflers included. I can drag it out tomorrow and get some pictures if you want. It has some surface rust on it, but I bought the car brand new and the factory exhaust was only on the car for about a year so it's in excellent shape structurally. It's just taking up space in my shed so if you want it, it's yours! I could use the extra space!

Monday, November 03, 2008 5:04 AM
j can i have a ballpark address. pics would be greatly appreciated if you dont mind! (especially of the surface rust).
Thanks!

Monday, November 03, 2008 4:05 PM
How far are you from Champaign, Illinois? I am about 4 hours from Indy and Champaign is about 2 hours from me so it should be about halfway between us, so that could be a good spot to meet. There's a nice park we could meet at right off I 74.

I will get some pictures tomorrow after work seeing as I just read your post and it's dark out already. Stupid time change .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search