School help. - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
School help.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 1:36 PM
I am a senior in high school. I am in my second year at career center in the auto technician department. I really enjoy it and plan on making it my career and going to school for it.
I was looking into UNOH and the college rep came to talk to me friday. Looks like a really good school. I talked to the lady from Lincoln tech and I have to say that the place in Ohio looks a lot better.
I know there are a few people on this site that are auto technicians and I was just wondering if anyone on here went to this school and has first hand experience with it.

Re: School help.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 2:55 PM
Can't speak from personal experience, but a very good friend of mine went to Lincoln Tech, and he said it was the biggest joke ever! He got a decent job right out of school, but it was more due to his ability, which he had before even attending college. Obviously, a degree is a degree, but he said it was a lame excuse for a school!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 3:09 PM
I got the same impression yesterday from the rep. The place in Ohio has it beat for sure in my books. Who can argue with an engine shop, drag strip, and a race track all right on campus. I think the track is only like 5 miles away though so pretty much on campus.
I am just waiting to see if I have been accepted at UNOH right now.
The lady for lincoln is expecting me to jump through hoops for her, she wants me to call her once a month for what sound like the hell of it. Plus UNOH is only a 2 hour drive instead of 3 or 4 so it will be easier to come home on weekends.
I just want to keep my options open in case I don't get accepted at UNOH.
Going down in November for the tour and the scholarship testing.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 7:36 PM
Hey what's up man, UNOH is actually pretty cool and a good school. i just graduated from there 4 months ago. its 1# in high performance. good luck man. worst thing that sucks is actually Lima, ohio. there isnt much to do and all the girls that live in lima you dont want. but aside from that its pretty sweet
Tuesday, February 03, 2009 7:44 PM
I want to do the High performance but don't know if I will. I will be doing the Auto tech coarse for sure though.
The only thing I am worried about is the housing, I think they said that there would be 6 people per dorm.
I am looking forward to it though, ready to leave the tiny @!#$ hole I live in now.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 7:46 PM
Yea dont do the dorms at all, go to S&P apartments and get a apartment there, you can get a 1 bedroom for $400 a month. I lived there and you can do almost whatever you want, I did auto technician/ alternative fuels i also was going to add it on but already had a nice amount or debt.
Tuesday, February 03, 2009 8:05 PM
I will have to look into the apartments, sounds alot better than dorms to me. For some reason I thought you had to stay in the dorms but I could be wrong.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 2:44 AM
Oysterxfast5 wrote:I am a senior in high school. I am in my second year at career center in the auto technician department. I really enjoy it and plan on making it my career and going to school for it.
I was looking into UNOH and the college rep came to talk to me friday. Looks like a really good school. I talked to the lady from Lincoln tech and I have to say that the place in Ohio looks a lot better.
I know there are a few people on this site that are auto technicians and I was just wondering if anyone on here went to this school and has first hand experience with it.

I don't live far from there. A lot of people in the area seem to go there. One thing i've heard though is that a lot of kids go to the school for the Hi Performance Auto, and don't ever really get anywhere with it. But, if you want to go to school to be a diesel mechanic it's a great school to go to. From what I understand Diesel mechanics make damn good money too.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 9:03 AM
my buddy went to the school in lima... he said it was not that cool just a bunch or red necks workin on there trunks...
Wednesday, February 04, 2009 9:14 AM
There isnt much of a need for someone to build an engine, but someone will always need their car fixed.
When I went down for tours it did seem like a bunch of hicks.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:03 AM
lincoln tech is a joke, ALL of my buddies went there and failed horribly when they tried to get a job afterwards. ended up working at ihop and random warehouses. i had finished all of my schooling and ended up in the medical field as a surgical equipment technician. it's funny because i thought i would want to do automotive forever, when it was all said and done, i didnt even want to work on my own cars. some people can do it, but i cant mix my hobbies and career.

the drag racing is kinda cool, we took the z24 down, and my dumb friend stalled every time. ha ha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search