WTS:'98 Cav. Vert.*FEELER* - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WTS:'98 Cav. Vert.*FEELER*
Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:07 PM
Well I never wanted to get rid of my cav but I'm in a money situation and am thinking of parting ways with it.
The car does have a few mods,nothing too major and is a great base to build on or keep as a daily driver.

The Specs:
1998 Z24 Cavalier Convertible
Motor:2.4L Ld9,Auto:4t40e
Mileage:132,000
Color:Bright White:Off-White Top

The Mods:
NX Edelbrock EFI Wet Nitrous Kit
B&M ShiftPlus
Upper Urethane Motor Mount Insert
RK Sport Lower Motor Mount
2.3 HO Manifold
Phenolic Spacer
2.3 HO Throttle Body
Polished Alum. Shifter Knob(shortened shifter)
Short Ram Intake w/cone filter
Three piece boot set painted black with Duplicolor Vinyl Paint
Deleted A/C(Only running two pullies)
Alum. Underdrive Crank Pulley(Needs installed)
Old School Polished Alum.16" Ultra Rims
Deleted the armrest and installed Nitrous Bottle
GM Strut Bar(stock)
'00 Rear Tails
Black Corner lights
Stock foglights
Headlight mod(Fogs stay on with Brights)
Trunk lid has shaved lock
Shaved all badges and moldings(still have the moldings)
Misc.interior pieces painted Duplicolor Bright White(Was red)
Painted IDI Cover
Neutral Saftey Switch Disabled

So that's what I can think of right now,the body is fair shape,has the usual small dings here and their,barely noticable.It does have Cruise Control but is not hooked up due to using the 2.3 T.B bracket.Tires are 225/50/16 Yokahama in the rear(need replaced)and Pirelli 215/55/16 in the front(40-50The top works great but needs a GOOD cleaning.Interior has some cig. burns in the front and rear seats,nothing major.

Things that need replaced or fixed:
All struts
Main seal for the top($310 from GM Parts Direct)
Tires(as mentioned)
Bulb or short in HVAC(light comes on sometimes)
Front bumper does not have the crushguard(Deleted when I installed the Drift front)
Trunklid needs to be re-sanded,painted,etclooks ok but I never put clear on it after painting,OOPS)
Needs a radio,comes with a dash kit for a Pioneer stereo and is pre-wired for a system

So now we finally come to price:I'm open to offers but KBB lists this car in fair condition for $1550
I don't think $1500 is alot to ask and I def. would not take any less than $1000.If someone offers $1000 and I accept, it will not be sold with the nitrous kit as I can sell that for an additional $300.I may part the car out if their is enough interest or trade for a cheaper beater vehicle plus cash.Keep in mind that this car weighs
3200lbs.roughly and runs a stock time of 16.8.My best time with a 13-20mph headwind was 15.2 so I know it is a high 14 sec. car. Not bad for a drop-top.So PM me or e-mail if seriously interested.Thanks and here are some pics in different stages,if you want more current pics,I can email them.Car doe not come with headlight covers,Drift front or projectors as I sold them.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"

Re: WTS:'98 Cav. Vert.*FEELER*
Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:12 PM
Also forgot to add that the horn needs to be replaced as it quit working so I took it off and the washer fluid resevoir and lines need to be re-installed(I have them)as I took them off.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:51 PM
sucks to see you trading/selling it off. price sounds pretty good though.

my little bro has a blue 98 sunfire 2.2. be interested in a trade? no pics atm but i can get some when he gets back sunday.

coming back in 2008...
Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:10 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing some pics but really I'm looking to get the most money I can possibly get out of it.I'm behind on bills in a BAD way.If someone had a beater cav or truck that runs ok, worth $500 and give me $500 cash,I'd probably do it.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:43 PM
i understand about needing some cash to boot. my little bro is only 17 though so he doesnt have much extra laying around. but ill see about gettin some pics and talking to the 'rents about it.

also, does your car really only book for 1500 in fair condition? my 96 books for 2400 in fair and 2800 in good condition.

coming back in 2008...
Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:10 PM

Hope you get @!#$ worked out bud. Hate to see you get rid of her.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:10 PM
Thanks,OG.Car wouldnt' be on the road if it wasn't for OG
Tabs:Yeah I was surprised at 132,000 miles in fair shape it only said $1550 but it does need some work so I wouldn't ask $2k for it anyways.And I know even with the mods I won't really get a whole lot for it.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 6:20 PM
Forgot to add the car has the stock keyless and a Hornet alarm system

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:15 PM
Hmmm this is really tempting........

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2898349

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:25 PM
slick02eco wrote:Hmmm this is really tempting........

Buy it, then Curt can start tuning more LD9's

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:04 PM
Not a bad deal at all...hmmm...

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:13 PM
I'd be interested if you were closer. I might still be interested given the distance, Id need a couple days to sleep on it.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:59 AM
verts are FTW....THIS IS A GOOD DEAL!!!!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:00 AM
what is the condition of the Trans and engine....pm'ed

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:30 AM
Just for grins, how much would you want just for the body?
Would you be willing to part it out completely?
I am looking for a convertible candidate for a rear wheel drive conversion.(just because everyone says its to hard to do)
I have no use for the motor/trans, accessories, just enough to get it to roll onto a trailer. If the body is rough, even better....I won't have to be so nice to it during fabrication.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:24 AM
DTPM sent pack

Liquid:Trans is fine as far as I know,should at least change the filter and pan gasket,doesnt' leak at all but should change it none the less.

Engine:,I do believe it may need a headgasket,which I'm told is nothing but a 2-4hr job for the decent mechanic.I priced out the parts needed for this job and it's about a $100 from Autozone.

The major problem right now is that it won't start unless you give it gas and it will stall out unless you hold the rpms up to 500-1000.This could be the TPS,IAC,etc:I tried to have it scanned at Autozone but their scanner wouldn't even read it.But the car runs fine down the highway and fine in stop 'n go traffic as long as you hold the rpms up.

This is a great deal for $1500 even if I didn't include the N20 kit.I really don't want to sell it because we all know their is nothing better than a DROPTOP in the Spring,Summer,and Fall but I really need some money so I don't lose my house.Thanks

Philarting out will be the very last thing I do,I'd rather see someone buy this and take it to a level that I cannot.I'm talkin' John Lenko level,lol

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 5:53 PM
Well guys,things have SUDDENLY changed,and as I said this was a "feeler" but long story short,the gf and I have decided to move and do it separately,her to her moms and me to a relatives to save money.I WAS selling this to perhaps save our house that we were renting but being SO far in debt,that's not going to happen.

So I 'll be fixing the cav. and hopefully taking it to the Bash.Thanks for the interest

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 11:00 PM

Good stuff. What needs to be fixed? You know I don't mind helpin out. As long as it isn't -347 degrees outside.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Thursday, February 14, 2008 3:12 AM
that sucks to hear about the house man. times are tough all over. keep chuggin away and itll work itself out in the end.

at least you get to keep the drop top though

coming back in 2008...
Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:15 AM
Thanks Nick and Ben,I believe it needs a headgasket and cam gaskets.Yeah the GF shocked me with her decision last night,were still going to stay together but she'll be moving an hour east of where I'll be at.It'll be hard for a few months but we've been together for almost 2 yrs. so we'll see.AND YES I get to keep the vert.
I WILL have this 'Bish ready for the BASH.

Friday, February 15, 2008 3:02 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search