well my car finally got broken in to - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
well my car finally got broken in to
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 1:37 PM
i was parked on summit the last two night and i walked out this morning and notice my glovebox was open and my s*#$ thrown around the car. I get back out and see that they broke the door under the passenger lock. They also broke the glove box cuz it was locked. The only thing they took was the remote to my stereo. They looked at the obd2 scanner in my trunk, but apparently didn't know what it was because that was still there. Yeah, pretty pissed, but luckily i don't keep anything in it of any real value.

Parking on campus sucks...

Re: well my car finally got broken in to
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 2:05 PM
Wow, thats pretty bad. My sisters boyfriends car was broken into once. The empied out his book bag in the back seat. There was about 1500-2000 dollars worth of 4th year engineering books there, and all they took was some old oakleys and some cds. How was the door broken?
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 2:22 PM
that sucks..good luck with everything..where do you go to school at?

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 2:32 PM
^^Ohio State, Our community knows how to treat our students huh Autofreak?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 3:01 PM
That sucks to hear about that bro. I hope they didn't mess it up to much...

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 3:14 PM
that really blows. does your car look just like in your sig? cause if so then that doesnt look like the type of car to be worth breaking into (meaning cause it looks stock...)

coming back in 2008...
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 3:26 PM
yeah the car looks bone stock, but lowered. it was someone that knew what they were doing too because the only damage is a little slit right under the lock and the broken glove box. I think they were aiming at only certain cars. I did a quick look down the block and the only cars broken into were mine and the sunfire parked 2 spots behind me

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 5:02 PM
Yeah..It really sucks parking on campus..I haven't had as much trouble around north campus..I live on W Patterson, I lived on 13th last year..and my car got broken into a couple different times, keyed and hit..it's really frustrating..

I caught a bum walking around late one night checking to see if cars were unlocked..I stood there and hit my panic button when he came near it..cause I have a feeling if I would have gone outside and confronted him, I may have kicked his ass..lol

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 11:18 PM
that really blows man. a stock looking sunfire isnt what i consider to be prime break in material....

coming back in 2008...
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 11:36 PM
Im for Columbus too, Go bucks!
Thursday, January 03, 2008 5:33 AM
Alex Currington wrote:Im for Columbus too, Go bucks!
Then why have you not meet up with us locals around here? We are always doing something from time to time...

Thursday, January 03, 2008 8:20 AM
OhForKavaleerLSport wrote:Yeah..It really sucks parking on campus..I haven't had as much trouble around north campus..I live on W Patterson, I lived on 13th last year..and my car got broken into a couple different times, keyed and hit..it's really frustrating..

I caught a bum walking around late one night checking to see if cars were unlocked..I stood there and hit my panic button when he came near it..cause I have a feeling if I would have gone outside and confronted him, I may have kicked his ass..lol

yeah I didn't have any trouble last year when I lived over by the med center. These last couple days I haven't been in my carport because my rommate has his parents car down here for a few days. Of course, his car was untouched, but nothing I can really do about it now. One of my friends cars got hit pretty bad the other day too. The whole drivers side of his car is trashed.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 8:24 AM
holy s*$@!!! I jsut checked my email and got this email.....

Quote:

Craig,
Columbus Police contacted Ohio State University Police attempting to reach you regarding a theft from you vehicle. CPD officer Warrick (car 41C) stated there was a theft from you vehicle yesterday at 0200 hours and some property was recovered. They need to speak with you to get a report to return your property.

Please contact CPD officer Warrick at 614-***-**** (he works 10:00 PM until 06:00 AM)

Thank you,
Dispatcher Scott Beck

Thursday, January 03, 2008 9:45 AM
That is great to hear... I hope that you get that mofo to, and maybe get him to pay for the damage he did...

Thursday, January 03, 2008 1:32 PM
Niiiice, VERY RARELY stuff stolen from cars turn up.. Good to hear.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, January 03, 2008 3:05 PM
Lucky bastard..I want my amp and subs back, along with some of my tools :-(

Thursday, January 03, 2008 3:32 PM
I'm going to call the officer tonight and see if I can possibly make him pay for the damages too. It's funny, I don't even care about what he stole, it was the remote to my stereo. It's only been used once, and that was for someone in the back seat to mess with my head. I'll let you guys know what happens after i talk to the officer.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:51 PM
Hope it all goes in your favor and smoothly

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Thursday, January 03, 2008 11:05 PM
update:
It was a 17year old and a homeless adult. They broke into the sunfire parked behind me, took nothing. Broke into my car and took my stereo remote. Walked into my complex and smashed the windows on a volvo parked there, left the ipod and took their stereo remote. Walked up to a civic and were looking into it when the witnesses came around the corner and the bastards fled. But since snow had just fallen, so Officer Warrick followed their steps and arrested them. I can't get anything outta the homeless guy, but I can probably get money off of the parents of the kid to fix my car. On a side note, that civic was parked right next to my carport spot. My roomate had his parents' car parked in it and it was probably about 5 minutes from being broken into if the witnesses didn't come around the corner.

Hopefully I can get some money off of that kid...

Friday, January 04, 2008 5:14 AM
Nice, crazy they cought them...

I suppose snow is good for something now, haha...

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 5:49 PM
nice dude i remeber i went into microcenter for 3 mins came out my cd player was gone but i had the face they took the deck for some weird reason...also im from columbus too.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search