Throttle Body Spacer. Is it worth it? - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Throttle Body Spacer. Is it worth it?
Wednesday, December 26, 2007 5:33 PM
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=AID%2D200%2D553%2DP&N=700+4294908216+4294907963+4294924653+4294869663+4294925239+115&autoview=sku
Is it worth getting one? Does it really do anything? Will it fit on my car if I have an after market air intake? Sorry if it is a dumb question, just figured I would ask someone that knows about them.

Re: Throttle Body Spacer. Is it worth it?
Wednesday, December 26, 2007 5:39 PM
Says dyno proven but you never know if they are lying.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 5:55 PM
Nevermind. I just figured out the search function. (new here) Looks like they are junk unless I want an easy nitrous setup.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:03 PM
Skylar Kelly wrote:Nevermind. I just figured out the search function. (new here) Looks like they are junk unless I want an easy nitrous setup.

good newb! you might just make it here after all.

yeah, its junk. so are all of the electric superchargers, chips (for our cars anyway), and just about anything else that claims to give "maximum horsepower" but doesnt cost much.

if you want more power from your car, do the basics: header, intake, exhaust. they are all simple and inexpensive enough that you can do them w/o much trouble. i would recommend a pacesetter header, just about any intake, and a hi-flow cat and muffler with all the appropriate piping done at a local muffler shop.

after that you can do slightly more involved things like a "secret cam" swap or intake manifold swap from a 2.3.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:08 PM
(tabs) wrote:
Skylar Kelly wrote:Nevermind. I just figured out the search function. (new here) Looks like they are junk unless I want an easy nitrous setup.

good newb! you might just make it here after all.

hahahaha awesome

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:55 PM
I have an injen intake for now and might be getting a header and exhaust.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search