FS/FT: 2002 Cavalier Coupe - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FS/FT: 2002 Cavalier Coupe
Monday, November 19, 2007 8:50 PM
I sold my SUV and bought the Cavy back in October because gas prices are crazy and I was facing 80 miles a day for a commute to work. I've since decided to go back to school, which is only 12 miles away, and I'm just not happy in a small car. I'm a pretty big guy and it's just not comfortable to me. That, coupled with the fact that I won't have that much in gas to commute back to school, I'd just rather have another 4x4 truck/suv of some sort for camping and stuff. I'll try to snap some pics of the Cavy tomorrow, but for now, here are the details.

99,500 miles
2.2 (non-eco)
auto
silver
dark grey interior
cd player
spoiler
factory alloys
front tires are BRAND NEW - <1,000 miles
battery is BRAND NEW - purchased a couple of weeks ago
K&N air filter is brand new - purchased about a week after the car

The car had 97,xxx miles when I bought it. I promptly changed the oil around the 98,000 mile mark, so it'll be due for another change at 101,000 if you follow the 3,000 mile interval like I do.

I'm located near Gauley Bridge, WV and I'd be more than happy to meet someone in town if interested. I'm sure this is a bad week for everyone with the holidays and stuff though.

Re: FS/FT: 2002 Cavalier Coupe
Monday, November 19, 2007 8:53 PM
Oh yeah, I left out the most important part...

Asking Price: $4,300

The car is in VERY nice condition. I forgot to mention that the rear tires are also in great shape. They look like they might only have 10,000 miles or so on them.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:23 AM
trade ya a 95 chevy ext. cab its posted in the classifieds

I dont buy my toys, I build them.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:38 AM
Is it 4x4? I actually looked through the classifieds last night and remember seeing it, but I thought it was 2x4. I'd rather have a "mid-size" truck or SUV like an Explorer, Ranger, S10, S10 Blazer, etc, but if the truck is 4x4, I'll keep it in mind in case nothing else turns up. Thanks.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 12:20 PM
I don't know what I was thinking. I must be coming down with something. I obviously realize that the truck is not a 2x4 board... that last statement should read that I thought it was a 4x2. You get the point, lol.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 12:57 PM
As promised, here are some pics. Please forgive the filth... I usually keep my vehicles spotless, but the weather has been nasty lately. Notice on the bottom left corner of the trunk there are a few scratches. I bought the car from a dealer and he covered that area with his car lot's bumper sticker. Other than that, the front has the usual small stone chips, but they aren't noticeable unless you're looking for them. All of the glass is perfect as far as I can tell. It also has new wiper blades. I forgot to mention that it has fairly new Monroe struts. I didn't put them on, but they appear to have been recently installed. I believe they are Sensatracs. The interior is in really nice shape. Some of the paint on the CD player is worn. There is a crack in the trim piece on the dash right above the defroster. I'm not sure how it cracked and I haven't investigated how easily that piece comes out for replacement. There is also a "smudge" on the bezel that goes around the radio/ac/vent portion of the dash. That's everything I can think of... if anything new develops, I'll update.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:58 PM
sorry man its a 4x2, just sold my father inlaws just like mine but 4x4 fo 7500

I dont buy my toys, I build them.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:26 AM
Craziness!

I guess that just goes to show how much car values differ in different areas. I sold my '98 5.0 AWD Explorer to a guy in NC back in October for $4000. He offered me a '94 lifted Sierra + $1000, but those trucks just don't bring that kind of dough around here. I would have been lucky to have gotten $2500 for it. My best bud just bought a lifted '96 Silverado for $2000 from a dealer. $7500 is insane! You should come here and buy and go back home and sell. You could laugh all the way to the bank, lol.

Sunday, November 25, 2007 2:23 PM
Price Drop: $3,999 FIRM!

Friday, November 30, 2007 11:45 PM
Bump

Friday, December 07, 2007 4:37 AM
Bump

Monday, December 10, 2007 5:49 AM
Jordan A wrote:Craziness!

I guess that just goes to show how much car values differ in different areas. I sold my '98 5.0 AWD Explorer to a guy in NC back in October for $4000. He offered me a '94 lifted Sierra + $1000, but those trucks just don't bring that kind of dough around here. I would have been lucky to have gotten $2500 for it. My best bud just bought a lifted '96 Silverado for $2000 from a dealer. $7500 is insane! You should come here and buy and go back home and sell. You could laugh all the way to the bank, lol.

im just south of parkersburg but it seems like the opposite is true here. cavs sell for @!#$ all day long, but a good 4x4 truck? you can make a mint off of it--especially if its a tacoma! maybe we need to start a little business transporting cars/trucks from your area to mine.

good luck with the sale

NO SIG FOR YOU!
Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:31 AM
The Yotas are a totally different story. There are guys around here asking $7000+ for old Yotas... the ones that were just called "Toyota Pickups" before they called them Tacomas and they're getting what they're asking. It's insane. I just can't bring myself to go back 10-12 years and up to 200k+ miles when I can get a late 90's or even 00+ domestic SUV/truck for the same price with half the miles. I've owned a few imports and I wasn't any more impressed with them than I have been with anything else. I had to perform maintenance just as frequently and it was usually more expensive. The attention to detail might have been marginally better, but it was nothing to write home about. Aside from that, I've yet to find a Nissan/Yota of that period that isn't riddled with rust. I think I'll stick with my Fords, Chevies, and Dodges.

Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:08 AM
SOLD

Thursday, December 20, 2007 1:03 PM
LOL!

I had to come back and post my story on this one.

After looking at the car and taking a test ride in it, the guy decided he wanted it. He called his credit union and they said no problem. They only required that I write up a bill of sale with the mileage, price, and vin#. I scheduled a time to meet with him tomorrow to get the check and all looked good. He called me back about 2 hours later and said the bank won't loan any amount on a vehicle with over 100,000 miles. The car has 100,779 miles. No dice. I hung up the phone and had to laugh at the situation.

Un-sold!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 10:29 PM
Bump

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 11:41 AM
you should have told him to tell the bank that it only had 99779 on it. so long as the both of you knew the real mileage who cares about the bank

coming back in 2008...
Saturday, January 26, 2008 9:47 PM
Update:

The car now has 102,xxx miles and I just had the oil changed a couple weeks ago.

I would still kinda like to have a 4x4, but I'm leaning more towards some type of sports car now. A Mustang GT, Camaro Z28, Trans Am, or Firebird Formula would be great. I heavily prefer an automatic because my fiance can't drive a stick, but I might consider a stick if it's the right car.

As far as trades go, I'm only looking for an even swap. With school and stuff, I'm just not at all interested in adding money. The Cavy is a very clean and unmolested car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search