Well I found a injector leaking today! - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Well I found a injector leaking today!
Thursday, November 08, 2007 9:32 AM
Yep that sucks I know to find. I had to drive the 01 into work with it like that. I took it really easy not to try to lean out the car. It looks like it is from the rail to the injector cause it is driping down onto the intake manifold. I'm going to pick up new O-rings for top and bottom along with new seals for the top. I hope that fixes it cause I don't want to by a new injector if it is cracked. Wish me luck. Does anyone have a high imp injector layin' around?

Re: Well I found a injector leaking today!
Thursday, November 08, 2007 9:50 AM
I have four....I believe are stock from an 02 z24.

Wait...I might have only fatties left. I'll check tomorrow when I'm at the mom's house.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, November 08, 2007 9:51 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, November 08, 2007 9:51 AM
There ya go Trey

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, November 08, 2007 9:52 AM
Same here, Got some from a 2000 Z24 if Michelle can part with them.

Thursday, November 08, 2007 9:55 AM
Well I will know tonight if I need them Phatcav. Yea it sucks they are the ones on the 01 cause I have a set of 360 RC's I need to sale that are fatty's

Thursday, November 08, 2007 4:26 PM
Well no one has the injector seals instock. I'm going to pick up the injector that have in stock, and also pick up just the O-rings. If I can make it seal without the new injector with just the 0-rings on the old injector I will just do that. I'm going to just return the injector. Thanks everyone I just wish someone was closer. Mat might have them, but he is at work now and don't have much time to do anything since this is my daily.

Thursday, November 08, 2007 6:28 PM
you should be able to take the seals off the injectors at home and put it on the others

Friday, November 09, 2007 7:07 AM
YaY for me! After taken the fuel rail off I found a O-ring that had a good size gash in the side of it. I replaced all of the O-rings and took of the TB and cleaned it. I'm guessing when the SC was taken off the old injectors O-rings just that tear in it and wasn't really noticed when the SC was taken off. It is all good now, and running better for the clean TB and the correct fuel pressure. Thanks everyone for the help, and it only turned out to be a 10 buck fix. I just now have to go return the injector that I bought incause it was cracked.

Friday, November 09, 2007 9:22 AM
I just replaced my o-rings a few weeks ago, couldn't find them in stock but a buddy whom works there has an early 90's Camaro and he swore they looked identical.

Looked his up, brought them out and sure enough......8 o-rings for a couple bucks, can't complain.

Friday, November 09, 2007 10:35 AM
Every place didn't have seals for them, but they did have o rings for the top and bottom. It was only 15 bucks each. A little high, but what the hell. It was different then my 95-98 injectors I had layin' around to me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search