Need mechanic ASAP - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need mechanic ASAP
Wednesday, November 07, 2007 2:18 PM
Problems: mechanic adjusted my cruise control, claimed to tighten the transmission pan under the car, and sprayed some type of cleaner called Gum Shot into throttle body.

Now RPM jumps from 1 to 1.5 on its own and shuts off when I don't give it gas. .. it wants to keep itself moving. Cruise control button is affected because of it so it doesn't work.

Also I have an exhaust leak in the flex pipe

And a new alternator pully needs to be put on and a new belt.

The car is drinking tuns of gas now, need someone who knows this engine and knows what they're doing.

In Detroit Metro area of Michigan.

Re: Need mechanic ASAP
Wednesday, November 07, 2007 2:38 PM
There is a ton of people up in the MI area that should be able to help you out. The exhaust leck could be messin' with your idel, but I don't think it is that bad from the sound of it. I would think if he didn't take the TB apart to clean it tha the IAC(idel air control vavle) that is in the TB has gone bad from spray that he might of used. Do you have a check engine light on? Cause with what you are sayin' I would think that there would be a light. Stop by an autozone or something to look at the codes it has in it. I hope that helps you. That IAC should be the problem with the idel. Not sure about the cruse. Might check your fuse for the CC.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 7:28 PM
where exactly in the metro area are you?

are you throwing codes?

why does the alternator pulley need replacing?

assuming you still have the 97 z with the 2.4, if the TPS or IAC need replaced it is fairly simple.

Thursday, November 08, 2007 2:09 PM
In Detroit, where are you? are you a mechanic?
Thursday, November 08, 2007 3:41 PM
Year, engine, trans?

Warren

Thursday, November 08, 2007 3:54 PM
not a real mechanic, answering those questions could make it easy for someone to help out.

if your throwing codes someone with a scanner could check them for you if you can't get the car to autozone, also the TPS and IAC can be swapped out with known good ones to isolate or rule them out as the culprit

Thursday, November 08, 2007 3:58 PM
mitdr774 wrote:Year, engine, trans?

Warren

^^ this guy, your best bet

Thursday, November 08, 2007 4:37 PM
that's clyde right

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search