Luray/Harrisonburg VA area - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Luray/Harrisonburg VA area
Friday, November 02, 2007 4:03 AM
Anyone from around that area? Anything to do? Good places to eat?

I've got a surprise birthday trip planned for my husband to go to Luray caverns. We're staying in Harrisonburg on a recommendation from my dad. We're arriving on a Saturday and going home early Sunday, so I'm just looking for ideas of anything to do in the area for the later afternoon/evening. According to what I've read, we're near Valley Mall, but nothing much else to do. Otherwise, the AAA book had nothing to really say about the area & I can't find much online either. There are some national parks that I see, but they're HUGE and I don't want to be short on time to explore them or get caught in the dark! I've got us a really nice room with a jacuzzi in case we end up spending most of our time in there

Thanks for ideas!

Re: Luray/Harrisonburg VA area
Friday, November 02, 2007 2:28 PM
i usually stay up in Staunton unless im going to visit people at JMU

there are other caverns out there as well... Endless Caverns is a nice one...

its been about 10 years since ive been out that way for any other reason than to visit people at JMU so i dunno what all else is still around and whats new

Re: Luray/Harrisonburg VA area
Saturday, November 03, 2007 6:09 AM
Thanks for the response. I picked Luray because I went there as a little kid & I knew my dad would be able to help me figure out some of the trip. He told me that Harrisonburg should be able to keep us busy for a night with shopping and eating, more than it looked like we could do in Luray.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search