need some opinions - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need some opinions
Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:13 PM
Need some opinions.

I have two choices for my 3800 cav over this winter.

1. Is to keep it supercharged and just build the top half of the motor this winter. For example. Differrent blower, ported heads, cam, intercooled, roller rockers and lightwieght pushrods, and injectors and 2.8 pulley. Which should make 400+whp with like 420+w ft/lbs. Same reliability I have now.

Or number 2. Which is build a block and do everything in no.1 except blower and use a T-70 turbo. Which could make 500+whp with 540+ wheel ft/lbs? Maybe more but of course reliability will go way down.

Also with choice 1 I could run a 11.5 sec 1/4 mile at best on all mods and 11.0-10.9 with spray

With choice 2 11.0 or lower 1/4 mile ( if I get traction)

Keep in mind that I still have to build my g/f's 2.4L n/a car.

So let the voting begin lol

Re: need some opinions
Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:56 AM
option 1 ftw

Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:08 AM
Definitely option one man...the extra power isn't worth losin the reliability..or if you are really torn..just twin charge it :-)

Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:26 AM
i thought you were stuck on what you wanted to do.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, October 25, 2007 3:49 PM
I never am stuck lol... I don't know what I wanna do but yeah being that quick and having reliability would be cool
Thursday, October 25, 2007 5:07 PM
number one with spray

Friday, October 26, 2007 2:42 AM
I'd keep it supercharged. The GTP guys can hit 12's fairly easy it seems like without going turbo so I see no reason why you can't hit sub 11 times with your car. I would suggest though rather than just increasing power to maybe go with a shift kit (I assume you're still using the 4t65e-hd in that) and an LSD before starting other mods. Probably should invest in a tranny cooler too if you dont have one already.

As far as power goes, keeping is s/c FTW. But, swapping to the Gen V blower or maybe the MP112 conversion kit would be cool too to be sure to ram more air in it. I'd give a definate thumbs up to at least adding the 1.9 roller rockers. And I dunno, I assume your engine bay is kinda small perhaps ruling a set of headers out, or maybe you'd have to go with smaller ones. Definately want to get that all set up to take the extra boost before just throwing it in. The L67 is strong, but it's not immortal. (are you getting any KR right now?)

Friday, October 26, 2007 1:23 PM
option 1....turbos are cool and all.....but i mean when you're hittin the 400hp mark...you're more limited by the car/chassis/suspension then power. I say do that, and then focus on prepping the car for the track a little better. Wish ya luck bud...you'll get it!

Friday, October 26, 2007 7:17 PM
Nope no KR at all. The headers would be rough. But I fabbed a motor in the car I am sure I can fab some headers too maybe I appreciate the feedback... the thing is I gotta figure out a way to release as much restriction in that motor that I can. I would love to run 400WHP on only 12-14 psi. That would leave plenty of room for NOS lol
Saturday, October 27, 2007 11:53 AM
Yeah, I can see the headers being hard. Perhaps porting the manifolds. Or maybe even go with the ZZP power log on the front too. Though, I've heard of a few issues around those, but it can probably be worked out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search