Muncie Dragway Wednesday August 8 Anyone else going? - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Muncie Dragway Wednesday August 8 Anyone else going?
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 8:52 PM
I am planning on going to Muncie Dragway (in Muncie, IN) tomorrow (technically today) Wednesday, August 8.

Here's the info from their website:

Wednesday nights - Gates open for Test, Tune, Grudge and Trophy racing at 5:00 p.m. Time trials at 5:30. Make as many runs as there is time for. Many people get 10 to 15 time trials. Trophy races start at 8:00 p.m. Trophies to the winner, runner-up and finalists. If you do not wish to enter the trophy races, you may still make more time trials. Only $20 to race and $7 to watch. Everyone comes in the pit side. Track closes at 9:30 or 10. Rain Date is Thursday.

Its pretty informal, with a lot of stock or lightly modified street cars. I went last Wednesday, and had a lot of fun (it was my first time to actually drag race).

If anyone else is in the area and wants to go, either post here or get ahold of me on my cell at (765) 546-1860.
My car is almost completely stock, except for a short-ram intake. I just got HP-Tuners and am going to play with it a little to see if it improves my time any (I'm not going to drastically change anything that could blow my engine... just some minor mods)

Jeremy

Re: Muncie Dragway Wednesday August 8 Anyone else going?
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 6:47 PM
how'd ya do? do they have that racing every wednesday?
im going to the Osceola drag strip on friday aug. 10 the info is pretty much the same.
gates open at 4 racing starts at 5 (you can come later if you need to. they dont make you come right at 4 to race)
20 to race
7 to watch
there aren't any trophies on friday's
but you can race all you want.
my car is stock with some bolt-on's
from muncie you can head toward's angola and get on the indiana toll road and head west towards chicago.
then get off at the elkhart exit
i can give ya better directions if you want to come.

1/4 mile 15.97
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 9:30 PM
I didn't do too bad, considering it was in the mid 90's and somewhat humid. I made a total of 23 runs. I did get my reaction times down considerably, with my two best times being .001 and .002, and only one red light the entire night. My best time was 16.835 @ 81.74 MPH. My 60' times were also all better than when I ran last wednesday.

They do have these every wednesday, but this is the last wednesday I will be around here. I'm moving to Fort Wayne the weekend after next for college (IPFW). I would like to go up there friday and run with you, but I can't this friday. Thanks for the offer though. If you do go, I wish you luck!

Maybe I can go to Osceola drag strip sometime after I get moved to fort wayne, since i will be a little closer than I am now... Always interested in meeting fellow J-body members.
Thursday, August 09, 2007 10:21 AM
thats pretty good for it being that hot out.
reaction times are really good! i dont know what mine are. i usually only look at the actual time. i'll look tomorrow when i go. i saw you phone number on the first post. i'll put in my phone and give a text or call next time i go.
if you want to go here is my number, just give me a call and i'll go again. i like goin but usually dont have anyone to go with me, so its not as fun. know what i mean. but if your up for going, just let me know. my cell phone number is 574-329-0259 (my name is Cameron)
there is a car show in carmel on september 15. are you goin to that one?
either way i look forward to meeting you. give me a call somtime if you want to go to the drag strip, or the car show, or just come up and hang out on our "strip". take it easy!

1/4 mile 15.97
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search