HELP Trunk trouble!!!! - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP Trunk trouble!!!!
Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:23 PM
Well I need input as how to open my trunk, it is jammed somehow, Not sure, the wife put my drink and lunchpail in before I went to work, got to work and couldn't open it. Damn near just decided to break it open unless anyone has any ideas.

Re: HELP Trunk trouble!!!!
Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:45 PM
are you able to go threw the back seat ? if so just unbolt the latch open the trunk and look things over

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:19 PM
maybe she slammed it and jammed the latch? cuz i know on mine sometimes it doesnt latch in.. and will just come back up when i just push on it to shut it and one of my friends tried slamming it as his reaction and next time i went to openin it i had to lift on it a bit.. also maybe somehow the alignment up by the back window is off.. the trunk pushed back somehow and is rubbing and stuck on the weatherstripping..

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 5:26 PM
Not real sure, can't access the trunk from the back seat because I screwed my speaker box to the trunk bottom so it wouldn't slide. So I can't see what is causing it to be jammed but it is most definitly jammed with something. Might have to do something crafty to get it off.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 7:16 PM
you may be able to reach the trunklid bolts if your arm is small and long enuff. idk sorry

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:43 AM
ok, I twisted my arm into a pretzel, and got the box unscrewed. the latch actuator (?) the plastic part that moves the latch. When she closed the trunk lid, it hit something and got ripped off the latch, well broken off. So, a quick turn of the screwdriver, and the trunk was opened. now I got to buy that little part...damn.

I hope I can cover however much it costs. I should check the junkyard, but the dealer for sure has a good one.

oh well, I needed to clean up the wiring in the trunk anyway LOL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search