Sifter cable replacement ....any pointers??? - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sifter cable replacement ....any pointers???
Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:51 PM
So yeah my crapper of a car decided that the day of the meet and greet in INDY was a great day to snap, or just break the Shifter cable... soooo my question to everyone is.....any pointers on replacement, how long does it normally take??? is it gonna be a pain in my arse?? should i just save myself the headache and take it to a shop?? Trust me any and all pointers would be welcome and well appreciated...thank you and have a great day

p.s. I love hawt moms!!!! Fishers is awesome

RIP JESSE GERARD.....7.11.87/1.25.08(sunfireboi)
You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Don't ever wish harm On an Ohio state player you Douche canoe...
Expires: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:47 AM PT

Re: Sifter cable replacement ....any pointers???
Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:15 PM
@!#$ i say dont fix and just you will have to pop your hood every time you need to take off

at least everyone will see your beautifull engine!! hehe glad we got the car home from the j-body meet tonight

Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:45 PM
Couple minutes to take off the center console. Couple minutes to unclip from shifter.

2 screws at the grommet at the base of the firewall, nut at the tranny assembly...

Probably an hour (including beverage-of-choice breaks) The hardest part is the nut at the tranny.

Monday, June 26, 2006 2:56 AM
Quote:

nut at the tranny assembly...

Huh?? I was able to simply use a screwdriver and pop the shif cables off of the tranny, just like you do on the shifter. The hard part is that stupid clip that holds the shift cables in that damn bracket at the tranny.

Monday, June 26, 2006 4:06 PM
It isn't that hard. I would say makin' sure gettin' the new cables to say locked in is the biggest pain. I remember on the auto it didn't go into park all the way one day, on the 5-speed after I picked it from the new transmission it poped off and I thought I @!#$ the transmission up again. Just take your time and it is not hard.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search