FL peeps, i'm looking for another J..... - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FL peeps, i'm looking for another J.....
Monday, December 10, 2007 1:57 PM
A while back I sold my cav to the ex. It needed to go.....too many unfinished projects and it just felt like it wasn't in one piece. It's still on the road, but some lady rear ended her and broke half the dash (what cav dash isn't broke?), pushed in the bumper, and bent the frame a little. Annemarie is okay though....but the lady didn't have insurance. I don't know much other than that. *sigh* I knew it was going to happen..even said it in that last post.

Anyways, I've had a few people interested in my 2200 motor, but it's STILL sitting in my bedroom. So i've decided to start fresh and look for another J. Basically just wanting a blown motor special for cheap. Like $500-$750. Going to use it as a beater driver (to mod of course ) to keep some of the miles off the GTP cause i'll be paying on it for a little while.

So if you guys could keep an eye out for me, i'd appreciate it. I'll actually be able to bring a "J" to the show then. If not, ya'll are going to have to put up with me anyways

Convert 00+ headlights to 95-99

Re: FL peeps, i'm looking for another J.....
Friday, December 14, 2007 12:33 PM
like I was tellin Herman, we got one across the street from me at a used lot, but it isnt any blown motor special I hate to say.. it looks like crap 'cause of some ricer who owned it prior, but we all know its stuff that can be takin off and sold to other ricers but mechanically, it seems like a good car. no unusual noises, no smells, no smoke, and the typical lifter ticking is actually quieter than most 2.4s that I've seen with less miles (this ones got 112k)... I'll be posting pics soon so at least Herman can see it

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 10:44 AM
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:01 AM
griderusmc wrote:heres one for ya

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/pts/513800019.html

Lmao, I might have to drive by just to see that p.o.s. I think what the guy meant to say was "Will be on sale forever because no one will pay close to 4500 for this piece of junk."

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:10 AM
i keep a eye out for one

anything in particular are you looking for ???

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:33 AM
I remember seein a red cav on craigslist before that the ignition went on it... but the guy only wanted 500 for it.... honestly thought about pickin it up for a 2nd car if I had the cash for... lol... ::shrug:: who knows

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:41 AM
Tristan wrote:
griderusmc wrote:heres one for ya

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/pts/513800019.html

Lmao, I might have to drive by just to see that p.o.s. I think what the guy meant to say was "Will be on sale forever because no one will pay close to 4500 for this piece of junk."

i just like the rims lol.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 1:29 PM
forget your motor and get this bad boy

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/automobiles/38174/

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 1:40 PM
Bah, the page isn't there....do I even want to look?

Nothing in particular except for a nice body, and a manual tranny. Dents in removable pieces are no biggie (fenders, bumpers, etc). Cav or Fire. I've seen a few deals on craigslist, but I haven't jumped on anything cause I have to get Christmas out of the way. Plus, I don't want to drive all the way for a POS car, so I was hoping local people could actually see them.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 1:45 PM
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:48 PM
Quote:

LOL!!! Now, I wouldnt say that its a POS, but I for damn sure aint payin no $4500 for a '95 (at least I'm assumin its a '95 'cause of the Quad4)

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:51 PM
but its a race car! and its supercharged

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:58 PM
your point? I'd rather slap that guy's mom than buy that thing.. unless it was "reasonably" priced.. but it could be worse.. read the description for the one out here, nothing but ricer mods and they want $6k for it, and its only a yr newer than that one

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:00 PM
i know i was being a smart a$$ lol. maybe ill steal it lol. doesnt look like it has a ignition anyways lol.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:04 PM
pfff, LOL!!!! its gotta push-button start that doesnt require a key 'cause they were too lazy to run 2 wires

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:04 PM
Keep miles of the GTP. Put the miles on. The car is good for the mileage , some times i want to get another Cav, but right now the finances and trying to get stalized and trying to put up a good saving account, can dump money in my car. May be if you go to University Cheverolet, may be the can track where my old car went to.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, December 20, 2007 6:00 AM
Haha, thanks for the link griderusmc. I haven't been to Ft. Myers in a while, I could visit family and smack that dude in the face. Kill two birds with one stone.

That's a good idea Deji. University is where I got mine. Well, I guess the mileage doesn't matter too much, cause I can always drop in a new motor for the GTP and use the old one on the new J

Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:04 AM
Yeah you could but these engines are know to go 200,000 miles with hardly any problems, so you might have to wait a while on that one.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, December 20, 2007 11:34 AM
Haha, sweet! I have 2 indestructible motors now (2200, 3800). The cavalier has184,000 (ish) miles, and it still ran strong when I had it. Have you seen it in town?

Thursday, December 20, 2007 3:02 PM
well if you come down here let me know and maybe we can line up the gtp's lol

Friday, December 21, 2007 12:04 PM
IT HAS A LITTLE OVER 185000 MILES NOW AND IS RUNNING FINE....HOWEVER THE LOOKS ARE A DIFFERENT MATTER....ESPICALLY THE DASH

Friday, December 21, 2007 2:06 PM
wow, that would be a caps button anyway, I saw another one on the way home from work today... Manta green '98 Pontiac Sunfire GT; 90k miles, auto, all options including a cd player controller in the steering wheel (according to Chris, it was a Pontiac-only thing), black/charcoal interior in awesome shape.. I checked it out and all the options work, no smoke.. seems like a solid car; the only problems I saw was the back window tint comin off in one big sheet and both front fenders have blemishes.. but I talked him down to $2700 from $3k, so if anyone's interested, lemme know... also, Antonio spotted a yellow '02 Cavi LS Sport in Belleview... no info on it yet, but I might be able to check it out over the weekend

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 5:26 PM
info on that yellow LS Sport.. well, its NOT an LS Sport. its a yellow '02 LS w/ a 2200 auto in it; LS Sport skirts, rear bumper lip and spoiler; manual options inside; some rock chips on the hood and some chipping paint on the side skirts and front fender; a ding in the front driver side fender and driver's door; balding tires; mileage is unknown since we stopped today when no one was there to give us a key, but all in all, not bad for $3500 if the mileage is low enough

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 6:23 AM
damn....thanks for the links.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search