Universities in the South.. - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Universities in the South..
Thursday, August 10, 2006 7:32 PM
I'm looking for Good Universities in the south. Yes I know I can do a search on Goggle and find it, but...I want to know what people think before i make any kind of choice.

Right now I'm at the University of Southern Miss (USM) My Major is Music Education. So...I need some help.

I'm looking now because If I'm not close enough to my Degree by the end of the Summer next year, I'm moving and finishing up somewhere else.

I hate this town, It's a money sucking College Town. There are NO J-body people in this town...and I just need to get out.

I'm from Tennessee...So I wanna stay in the south to still be closer to my family. I would like to move to Flordia (yes I know it's gonna cost more...but love is on the mind here..and I'd love to be closer to him..)

If I don't find somewhere in the south to move, I guess I'll move back home.

So any Idea's?

--CC

Acidburn1022: if his handles like a dream mine handles like an orgasm.

Re: Universities in the South..
Thursday, August 10, 2006 7:50 PM
Florida has tons of good universities. USF, FSU, UF, UCF...the list goes on. Depends on the area that you want to be in in Florida.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 7:52 PM
FSU here in tallahassee has a pretty good music school. THere are a few of us around here.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, August 10, 2006 10:20 PM
Yeah, we have 3 colleges here in Tallahassee. FSU, FAMU, and TCC. Id have to say this would probably be the best area.

Friday, August 11, 2006 7:18 AM
ok, I know my geography...but how far is Tallahassee from Orlando?

My parent's are gonna kill me if I move to flordia. lol, but I want to. I have a 7 year old brother that hates that he only see's his big sister every 3 months, If I move to flordia...It will be like every 6 months with gas prices rising. Insted of me living 7 Hours from home it will be more like 12-14....what a horrable drive!

Anyways keep the info comming....

--CC

Friday, August 11, 2006 8:16 AM
Tallahasse is about 4 hours from Orlando.

However UCF is in Orlando. U of Tampa and USF are in Tampa (duh) and they are about an hour or so from Orlando. There are a number of other colleges within a few hours of Orlando. Actually, I think the only (Major) College that you would have more than a 5 hour drive Is UWF in Pensacola.

Here is a list of all the College's and Universities in Florida.

Friday, August 11, 2006 8:25 AM
I have done Orlando on average about 3.5 hours. Some have done 3 when really getting on it.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Friday, August 11, 2006 8:55 AM
Mylife75 (ajose) wrote:I have done Orlando on average about 3.5 hours. Some have done 3 when really getting on it.

so how many gallons of gas would that take you to do now?

Friday, August 11, 2006 9:56 AM
UGA is a good school. they have a highly funded music dept. just my $0.02

AIM & Y!: COGcaviZ24
Friday, August 11, 2006 11:22 AM
UGA?..tell me more..

FSU looks like it gets more votes than most...so..im gonna send in for some info.

--CC

Friday, August 11, 2006 11:28 AM
does it have to be Florida? cause south Carolina has some nice colleges that are music oriented

for sale pm me or e-mail me for details

Friday, August 11, 2006 11:41 AM
Well the closer to orlando the better....but like I said, I have untill January to make a final decision. If things just arn't working out the way I want, then ANY school in the south will be good.

If I have to move back home I will and I'll just go to College in Memphis.

So Any suggestions are good....

--CC

Friday, August 11, 2006 11:52 AM
CaVaLiEr CrAzY wrote:UGA?..tell me more..

FSU looks like it gets more votes than most...so..im gonna send in for some info.

University of GeorgiA

AIM & Y!: COGcaviZ24
Friday, August 11, 2006 1:41 PM
If you have any questions about FSU, let me know. I somehow managed to graduate from there

Keep in mind that you are going to be paying out of state tuition at the major universities. A Private college may be cheaper, and perhaps hold more "weight" as far as "school prestige" goes.

Friday, August 11, 2006 4:39 PM
UGA ftw!!11!!!!111!!!!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Friday, August 11, 2006 6:37 PM
FSU College of Music is one of the top ranked all over. Definately in Florida and nationally, but not sure where it ranks against main music schools...but for the South it's the best for music education.
Sunday, August 13, 2006 10:44 PM
I go to UTK, and I love it. It probably has a Music Education. It's relatively cheap too, and with the Tennessee Hope Scholarship, it's a lot cheaper than many others I'd bet. www.utk.edu if you're interested.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 11:47 PM
move to orlando and come to UTI with me and mike!!!!

5 seconds to find another street...

Monday, August 14, 2006 10:10 AM
UTI?....lol

--CC

Monday, August 14, 2006 12:00 PM
UCF is opening up alot of new doors for all kinds of things and its right in orlando

when i go home from orlando (to FTL) its like a 3 hour drive, but i usually fly because the air port is 15 mins away and its usually cheaper if i reserve my ticket in advance than the gas!

i dont know much about FSU (other than i hate the seminoles ) but UF and UCF and UM and USF are all great schools

im gonna be a second year at UCF, and i LOVE it there

good luck to you and if u want any more info, dont be afraid to PM me ill tell u wutever i know

late

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:01 PM
whats wrong with UTI julie?

5 seconds to find another street...

Saturday, August 19, 2006 10:22 PM
I'm willing to bet that if you want to live in florida, UF would be your cheapest route. Your going to get raped at any college for out of state tuition. Gainesville has an advantage because of deflated living expenses. Students make up a significant portion of the population here so everything in town is pretty much geared towards students. Plus you get to go to gator football games

Sunday, August 20, 2006 3:40 PM
FUKU? lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search