Apperently we're all a bunch of drunks in the upper mid west - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Apperently we're all a bunch of drunks in the upper mid west
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:18 AM
I saw this on the news this morning.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6370757&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

Wisconsin, North Dakota, Minnesota, and South Dakota and Nebraska are the top 5 states as far as drunken driving go in the USA.

It's not really surprising... especially that Wisconsin is #1

I'm not sure if it's funny or sad.

Re: Apperently we're all a bunch of drunks in the upper mid west
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:42 AM
lol i think its funny that ur up this early looking at that @!#$ man. But last night at work we actually had some poeple disscusing that upper midwest might be worst states when it comes to drunk driving. Cuz they were looking at the papers and there were bunch of dui's in there.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:34 AM
I don't think we are necessarily the top 5 drunks. We are just the top 5 in drunk driving. But I would argue that Wisconsin is easily the most drunk state in the country. I remember going to a bar last year in Missouri (don't ask how I got in) And they were having a drinking competition and they wouldn't let me and a buddy of mine join because we were from Wisconsin! NO JOKE! I was so pissed off...

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:10 AM
Ha ha..... I wasn't looking the stuff up on the net..... I got off of work at 6am, and when I got home I flipped on the TV and I usually watch the news in the morning..... after hearing it... I looked it up on the web so I could post a link.

And ya.... I have a military Buddie that's out now too and he lives in the Milwaukee suburbs...... I went over to visit him before and it was crazy.... it turns out all the stories he told me where true LOL... although since we hung out together a lot in the military... (we drank a lot) my drinking abilities where pretty high (and still are).... when the guys at the bar found out I was from Minnesota.... they gave me crap until I was matching them drink for drink..... I turns out that I drink like a cheese head

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:13 AM
Oh and onother thing... (screw the edit button).... these numbers are only taken from people they actually caught..... just think of how much worse it is when you fiqure in all the people that make it home every night without getting pulled over.........

IDK why the cops don't just sit outside Perkins at 2am and bust the idiots left and right.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 8:38 PM
ihavenolife000 wrote:I don't think we are necessarily the top 5 drunks. We are just the top 5 in drunk driving.

Not quite how I would word it myself. Yall are the Top 5 at not lying to the survey people, lol. I wonder where us flat-landers fall in this scheme...

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 9:37 PM
Wisconsin being number one is no surprise. We have Brew City and UW-Madison, one of the drunkest colleges in America.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 11:44 PM
Weebel wrote:IDK why the cops don't just sit outside Perkins at 2am and bust the idiots left and right.

don't give 'em any @!#$in ideas.

[quote=BoltZ DesignZ™]Wisconsin being number one is no surprise. We have Brew City and UW-Madison, one of the drunkest colleges in America.

bah, la crosse is the place to drink. you can get trashed on 3rd street for half the price of any major city, and if you get kicked out of one bar they practically kick you right into the door of another bar.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:31 AM
Downtown owatonna (where I live) has one bar right after a freakin other (about 5 within a couple of blocks off the top of my head)... although the cops get pissy when your walking down the street with a beer in your hand.... buzz killing bastards LOL

It's also where people cruise the strip so it gets interesting some times.

Quote:

ha ha.... I guess your right... but I don't drink and drive so I don't have to worry... I walk (or get a ride) to the bars because I know that I'm too stupid when I'm drunk not to drive if my car is just setting there.. basically.... I don't give myself the opportunity.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:36 AM
water street eau claire! ya anyway with the price of dui tickets the state should be rich! I'm I right? it's so retarted I get pulled over for a modified exhauhst but a fag on a harley or v-8 is just fine! no @!#$ that I hate injustice.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:01 AM
Quote:

it's so retarted I get pulled over for a modified exhauhst but a fag on a harley or v-8 is just fine!

It's the exact same way in my town to man.... your preaching to the choir on that one...

That's another reason I won't chance it.... because cops like to pull cars like ours over. Hell... I make sure not to drive anywhere between 1 and 4 AM even sober unless I have to because once the bars get out..... it's go time with the freaking cops.... which sucks because I work nights and I'm normally up during those times.

On a side note..... my car isn't any louder than my motorcycle and I've never been pulled over for any reason on my bike.... I'm starting to wonder if I'm invisible to the police on that thing or something.... because there have been a few times that I deserved to get pulled over and didn't..... but at the same time... I get pulled over driving like a grandma in my modified Sunfire.

They can deny it all they want... but the cops are purposely signaling us out... which is why If I'm even going to have a couple of beers.... I walk to the bar

Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:58 AM
No way man... Stout's where its at...

Ok well it used to be where it's at. Until we got the new Sheriff that cracked down on partying. Stout used to be in the top 10 party schools in the Nation. IIRC underages now cost us around 400 bucks... They bumped it up again this year, but I don't know what to. I hope I don't find out the hard way *Knock on wood* because I only have 2 more months to leg out!

Thursday, April 24, 2008 1:06 PM
Well we have to be known for something right? Otherwise the rest of the nation wouldn't even know we exist.
Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:32 PM
Weebel wrote:Downtown owatonna (where I live) has one bar right after a freakin other (about 5 within a couple of blocks off the top of my head)... although the cops get pissy when your walking down the street with a beer in your hand.... buzz killing bastards LOL

It's also where people cruise the strip so it gets interesting some times.

Quote:

ha ha.... I guess your right... but I don't drink and drive so I don't have to worry... I walk (or get a ride) to the bars because I know that I'm too stupid when I'm drunk not to drive if my car is just setting there.. basically.... I don't give myself the opportunity.

5 bars within a couple blocks is nothing. 3rd street has over a dozen bars in just a few blocks. every kind of atmosphere you could want to drink in, you can find it.

not to mention, if you're walking outside of a bar with a beer in your hand in WI = automatic ticket. not a cheap one either. i got one about 4 years ago and it was almost $70, and im sure it's gone up since.

i choose where i live carefully too... i always stay within walking distance of downtown. right now it's about a 10 block hike, which blows gargantuan balls when it's freezing out, but i'd rather do that than try and navigate the gauntlet home without getting pulled over. no thanks, i can't afford that crap.

Saturday, April 26, 2008 4:39 AM
^^^^ damn that's a lot of bars LOL...

I live about as far away as you do from downtown (the bars) too. It can take 10 to 15 minutes to walk home... but it's worth it...

The "survey" actually said that drinking (at least drunk driving) is a much smaller problem in the south than it is here.... they say that they think it has something to do with drinking being more socially acceptable up here and the most religions up here don't frown on it much...

I think I figured out the real reason..... it's than damn weather.... what else is there to do but drink... it seems like the crappier the weather is where you live... the more people drink.... I noticed that when I moved around in the military..... don't even get me started on all the drunks in Alaska.

Case in point.... It's 6:30 am right now... and when I woke up.... there was freaking snow on the ground again... and it was 54 degrees in my apartment.... WTF is up with this crap.
It's late April for Christs sake.

30 degrees outside right now btw.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 11:24 AM
I dunno guys. I've been to Menominee, Madison, and Appleton bars. I must say that Eau Claire out does all of them. Madison and Appleton had the bars a little more packed, but definitely wasn't as crazy as it gets in EC. Plus, where else can you get pitchers of High Life for $2.50?? Water Street in EC is where it's at. Especially summer time!

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search