Help me out with fast car sale... - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help me out with fast car sale...
Sunday, April 13, 2008 10:08 AM
I need to get rid of my Cavalier ASAP unfortunately Moved back to my parents yesterday, and I can't bring it down here.

2000 Cav LS sedan
2200 Auto w/ 612xx miles
starts right up and drives (tho should be towed home)

Bad:
Pass fender isn't there
Pass doors are from junkyard, stripped with no latches. They're currently held shut by a ratchet strap
Used to be a project car, no headliner in car (I may be able to cram it in my car to bring with)
No side glass or mirrors - driver side glass & power mirrors are in storage tho. You're welcome to that stuff with a good enough offer.

Basically, it's a Cav with clean title for fix-er-up or parts. We can also go to my storage unit where I have some extra suspension (mostly stock I believe) to replace the cut springs and such.

Best offer that can pick 'er up by, lets say, 6pm today gets her. I'm sure my ex-roommate isn't too happy about it sitting at the house still, lol. I won't be online much, so just call my cell at [eight-four-seven] 636 (eight 3 zero 1). Thanks, Paul

Re: Help me out with fast car sale...
Sunday, April 13, 2008 10:11 AM
Completely forgot to mention that it has 03-05 Cav front conversion done.

Sunday, April 13, 2008 10:47 AM
I'm sure yall would like to know where its at too, huh? lol. Huntley, IL 60142, about 30 minutes from the border.

Sunday, April 13, 2008 12:15 PM
pics?ff

***Looking for a BLUE 03+ STOCK cavi wing pm me if ya got one you wanna sell***

Sunday, April 13, 2008 12:33 PM
I know I used to have pics in its current state, but I can't seem to find them on Imageshack anymore. Here's the one whole pic I could find on the 'Shack...

< Scoop is gone, as mentioned above the pass fender is gone. The center 'grill' is a piece of sheet aluminum (I had plans for the car to be a dirt track racecar at one time). Whole car is semi-flat black, BTW.

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:29 AM
Still available... While it's in Huntley, I'm willing to take $500 for it which includes title, stock springs (will be in trunk), headliner, car of course, driver side glass, whatever else I can find in storage too. If I have to haul it down to DP, I won't be willing to go as low on the price...

I'll be heading out there in a bit (45 minute drive each way), and I'll get some pics while I'm there.

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:58 PM
Here's the pics I took today. Thumbnails, click for full. Pic 1, pair of brand new O2 sensors for 2200. Pic 2, extra set of passenger hinges/bolts/nuts. Some other stuff - E-Bay coilovers & M3 mirrors, set of stock springs (in H&R box), 61287 miles, etc etc.

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:08 PM
maybe you can part it out ... id buy the headlights if the lenses are in good condition

***Looking for a BLUE 03+ STOCK cavi wing pm me if ya got one you wanna sell***

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:18 PM
Problem is I don't have time to part it out, thus why I'm trying to sell it for cheap instead. It's still sitting at the house I just moved out of, and my ex-roomie (lease holder) is b**ching about it still being there. If I have to drag it down to Des Plaines, I'm not going to sell it - I'm gonna fix it. But then my mom would moan & groan about it being in the garage and my lil sis would complain about not being able to park in the garage, etc.

IMO, $500 for a running/sorta-drivable/clean-title 61K mile 2000 Cav is pretty cheap - even in the condition its in. Somebody with more driveway/garage space could easily part it out and make themselves some extra spending money for very little effort.

Oh yea, the mess on the trunk is the beginnings of a fiberglass trunk, lol. It's about 1-1.5 layers only

Sunday, April 20, 2008 3:55 PM
I wouldn't mind getting it from you, but it'd be about a month till I could afford it. I'm sure that's too long of a wait for ya, but sadly I don't have money coming out my butt.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 6:46 PM
'Fraid ya guessed right, heh. If it doesn't sell by Friday, my buddy and I will drag it down to the race track for opening practice night. If none of the people buy it to race (its a dirt track) then I'm thinkin' we'll just weld the extra doors shut (ie passenger doors and rear driver door) and swap the suspension and I'll race it...

Sunday, April 20, 2008 6:54 PM
Alright, just thought I'd toss it up since you're crazy for using a car with 61k miles for dirt tracking lol.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 7:39 PM
I was actually planning on racing it for the past two years, lol. But I couldn't bring myself to do it b/c I've watched the guys in compacts there - it's pretty much a demo derby that goes around the track, not in the center But, no buyer in my time frame = race it! It'll prolly be a back-up car anyhow, I traded my 66 GMC pick-up for my buddies old compact (early-90's Saturn SL2) and some cash.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 9:50 PM
you said it has a clear title?

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 9:55 PM
Yep. Kinda far from ya tho. 6.5 hours according to Mapquest

Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:39 AM
will it drive that 6.5 hours without dying? lol

Friday, April 25, 2008 9:26 AM
Yea, I believe it will make the trip. However, I doubt you would make it home without being stopped by police several times, lol. As I mentioned a few days ago tho, I'm prolly gonna end up using it as my back-up race car since nobody is buying it. Real shame since the body is in great shape (aside from the hood - dumb body shop! That was their method of putting a stick-on hood scoop on for the PO of the hood).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search