got Ecotec? - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
got Ecotec?
Saturday, September 23, 2006 9:05 AM
I am looking for an Ecotec engine. preferably a 2.2L that hasn't had a major malfunction, but if a rod started knocking, i'll still take it if the price is right. I've been looking for the best deal, and so far, I passed one up in Michigan for $10. the closest I can get to that is $200 through a assembly line engine manufacturer here in the town of Baldwin, WI. if anyone has got a spare they're willing to part with, please let me know. my 2200 is not ready to die yet, but when it goes, I want a rebuilt Ecotec to take it's place. I am an engine rebuilder by trade, so I do know what to look for and know what I'm doing. and if anyone wants any tech info or swap ideas, feel free to contact me at any time. and I have an unlimited source to any type of core at my fingertips. I just can't find the right deals when it comes to what I want. any help that any of you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Project Resurrection is in full swing!

Re: got Ecotec?
Saturday, September 23, 2006 9:43 AM
i hope you know you'll need more then just the engine. you'll need a new trans to go with it and all the wiring/computer from an ecotec j.

but $200 is a really good deal. the cheapest i've seen a decent ecotec was $400.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, September 23, 2006 4:51 PM
Ok atleast you have a 2000 + car so you dont have to rewire anything in the cabin of the car. and hopefully you know what else you need. if you do not know go here http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=30&i=29941&t=29941 and have fun reading! if you had any questions i would pm/email him.

If you want to buy part of it all talk to me. i have a ecotec engine im looking at and going to be building up this summer. i can part with, pistons, rods (both just fine), the head with valve train, exhaust manifold, and possibly the intake manifold and Throttle body.

Saturday, September 23, 2006 5:52 PM
i haev quite a few ecotec parts also, just not a complete motor i'm willing to sell sorry

Saturday, September 23, 2006 7:43 PM
I have complete motor, located near Rockford, IL, let me know if your interested, ZERO MILES, so its not as cheap as a used one. pm me if interested.

Sunday, September 24, 2006 7:54 PM
I have a $200 special....... snapped timing chain....... bent valves, dented pistons, but rest looks good...... already dis-assembled for you inspection........ located in West Allis WI

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, September 24, 2006 7:55 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:I have a $200 special....... snapped timing chain....... bent valves, dented pistons, but rest looks good...... already dis-assembled for you inspection........ located in West Allis WI

is that your g/fs old engine that you tried to sell me last year?

What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, September 25, 2006 10:42 AM
nope, that engine sold right away, got $1200 for the engine/harness/ecm.......... this one I've had laying around, toying around with ideas for it.....

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 5:56 PM
If you have a good deal, don't hesitate to call me at 715-222-2751. it's my cell, just leave me a message with your call back number and i'll call ya when i get your message. plus, yea, i now about the harness and the tranny...plus the mounts. but i wanna get the engine built first.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:07 PM
rawkfist wrote:Ok atleast you have a 2000 + car so you dont have to rewire anything in the cabin of the car. and hopefully you know what else you need. if you do not know go here http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=30&i=29941&t=29941 and have fun reading! if you had any questions i would pm/email him.

If you want to buy part of it all talk to me. i have a ecotec engine im looking at and going to be building up this summer. i can part with, pistons, rods (both just fine), the head with valve train, exhaust manifold, and possibly the intake manifold and Throttle body.

What would you want for the head?

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:14 PM
i got a complete 5spd swap with all parts under 20,000 miles just sitting in my closet if ur interested.. was gonna put it in the sunfire but i sold th car.. let me know if ur interested jenzosunfire@yahoo.com

here comes the boost!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:14 PM
teamjenzo wrote:i got a complete 5spd swap with all parts under 20,000 miles just sitting in my closet if ur interested.. was gonna put it in the sunfire but i sold th car.. let me know if ur interested jenzosunfire@yahoo.com

sorry that should have been jenzosunfire@tmail.com or teamjenzo@yahoo.com

here comes the boost!
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:08 PM
Chris and Racheal Fristed wrote:
rawkfist wrote:Ok atleast you have a 2000 + car so you dont have to rewire anything in the cabin of the car. and hopefully you know what else you need. if you do not know go here http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=30&i=29941&t=29941 and have fun reading! if you had any questions i would pm/email him.

i will sell the head, intake, TB and exhaust manifold for $250
If your looking for just the head w/ valve train, $150. $125 w/o valve train

prefered pick up only but will ship at your expence.
i will be willing to drive 1/2 way if it is not over and hour drive one way. An hour drive each way will put me around ... the dells, little bit farther east of milwakee, sheboygan, fondy, around in those area.
were are you located?

Let me know!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:22 PM
ok hey i got a better idea! LEt me know what your going to do. if you want tell me. I will be going to my grandparents cabin THIS weekend in black river falls. If you want anything let me know ill take it and pm you my cell number! from the looks of the map its a hour drive or so.

Saturday, September 30, 2006 1:51 PM
rawkfist wrote:

i will be willing to drive 1/2 way if it is not over and hour drive one way. An hour drive each way will put me around ... the dells, little bit farther east of milwakee, sheboygan, fondy, around in those area.
were are you located?

Let me know!

Well, we in River Falls, wherever you live, I can get the head. But I'm waiting on a reply from someone with a complete engine, I'll keep you posted.

Saturday, September 30, 2006 1:53 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:nope, that engine sold right away, got $1200 for the engine/harness/ecm.......... this one I've had laying around, toying around with ideas for it.....

If you still have the other engine you're trying to sell, I am interested. I'm just trying to figure out a way to scrape the money together. Where abouts do you live?

Saturday, September 30, 2006 2:23 PM
^ he lives in the milwaukee, wi area

SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, October 01, 2006 2:21 AM
That's not too far to drive, good three hours from here. That'd be nothing for me.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 12:51 PM
yea, its in my garage on the engine stand........ collecting dust.......

I have 2 boxes with parts from it......... but like I said...... will need pistons, bearings, valves.......

Sunday, October 01, 2006 2:17 PM
rawkfist wrote:

were are you located?

Let me know!

If you cant find a guy with a complete engine ... hit me up via e-mail. Its going to be hunting season very soon for my family which means , we will ne traviling to black river falls. That should put us at about ... half hour? drive apart or so. offer still stands and i have a sale going on in the classifieds.

Well, we in River Falls, wherever you live, I can get the head. But I'm waiting on a reply from someone with a complete engine, I'll keep you posted.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 8:55 PM
rawkfist wrote:
rawkfist wrote:

were are you located?

Let me know!

If you cant find a guy with a complete engine ... hit me up via e-mail. Its going to be hunting season very soon for my family which means , we will ne traviling to black river falls. That should put us at about ... half hour? drive apart or so. offer still stands and i have a sale going on in the classifieds.

I'm sorry to say this, but I'm not going to be able to come up with any money for an ecotec until next year. I may just have to find a bare block, and buy all the parts from PACE performance and GM. So, If anyone's got a good deal on a bare block? And looking to sell next year? That and I'm trying to come up with a stroker 2.2L, won't be much of a gain, but will strengthen the bottom end. Anyone got a set of used standard 2.4L Quad pistons they're gonna scrap? Would like the locking clips and wrist pins if avaiable, but no big deal if they're missing. I can get them brand new for $93.00 and ringset for $64.00. Just need the pistons for testing right now, won't be doing the build until I know what kind of piston protrusion I'll have.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search