New pics of the red-headed stepchild (aka Hyundai) - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New pics of the red-headed stepchild (aka Hyundai)
Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:28 PM
Such a nice day out, and there's been a few changes to her. So, pics it is Dunno about putting them in P&M since that's supposed to be J's, and my Cav is too far away to take pics of both together... lol

Don't ask about the wheel locks - dealer put them on before I bought it... And then the moron salesman looked in the glovebox and saw the package containing the key and the regular lugs, and said "Oh, I won't tell anyone. It looks like they gave you an extra set of wheel locks!" Idiot.

Add tint all around, some rims & better tires, subs and she'll be nearly done I got some other plans too (appearance-related), but we'll see...

Re: New pics of the red-headed stepchild (aka Hyundai)
Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:35 PM
i dont get it

Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:47 PM
Is this supposed to be a joke? I'm pretty much speechless.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:52 PM
Just felt like postin' pics for the Chicago J's to check out. Many of us have been around for several years now.

This car essentially replaced my Cav (tho with a couple vehicles in-between - those didn't get modded really). I still have the Cav, but it hasn't been legally driven in almost two years. As for the title, that stereotype basically means a kid thats a real biotch, which this car is. Damn Koreans that designed this car were apparently idiots themselves. Tires suck ass if there's snow on the ground; the fogs will only go on if the low beam headlights are on; if the ABS kicks on when there's snow on the road - you're going to spin. Just all sorts of stupidity goin' on with it... And forget about performance mods - damn emissions laws now. Other people have tried doing intake and/or exhaust, and the ECU throws a lean code.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:53 PM
SlowWhiteFire (J-DUB) wrote:Is this supposed to be a joke? I'm pretty much speechless.

Last I checked, Florida isn't part of the Central Mid-West...

Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:26 PM
you riced out a brand new car....

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:59 PM
Opinions are like a'holes, blah blah blah. There's much to be said about "carbon" TYC (or knockoff) tails too, y'know. Old car or not.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 5:53 PM
why does it have yellow headlights?

they really look retarded.

Rollin' on question marks since 07.
Thursday, April 17, 2008 6:14 PM
The yellow headlights do and fog lights do not look good.

By the way nothing you mentioned in your rant about it being foreign is really a bad thing or is only that way on foreign cars. FYI all cars with factory fog lights the fog lights only work with low beams. The reason is that in fog you would not want high beams.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, April 17, 2008 8:53 PM
The yellow lenses are b/c I was bein' too lazy to take the bulbs out and spray them individually. The lowbeams are H-11B, and currently only made by Osram b/c they're new with the 07 model, so no aftermarket - of any type or color - is available yet. Eventually I hope to make it look better (maybe a lil smoke? to dim the 'pop' of the yellow?), but yea... When I first sprayed 'em yellow, I loved 'em, ... but now, it's a little too much attention 24x7. No tickets or cop trouble, but still lots of people lookin'. Now I'm thinking about buying some new headlights, leaving the fogs, and spraying the low beam bulbs (high's are H1 and already yellow).

As for the fog light usage, I mean the fog lights only work with the low beams. When I turn off the low beams, the fogs turn off too. On a normal car, the fogs will stay on with the parking lights. Hyundai's method completely defeats the purpose of having fog lights - being able to see in thick fog or snow - and thus all the yellow (good in inclement weather & fog). When I'm out in the country by my friends (I was livin' there for awhile too, just moved back to the city), I'd like to be able to safely see where I'm goin' and all that, y'know? They get quite a bit of real dense fog out that way

Friday, April 18, 2008 6:30 AM
ok first get rid of the nasty yellow lights. they make your ride look terrible. the rest of the car looks fine except some gunmetal rims would look pretty good on their.

Now the complaints about the way the car was made the tires can be replaced if your having problems in snow get some better all season tires or better yet winter tires. as for the abs coming on when theres snow on the ground remember to give yourself plenty of room to stop. applying the brakes too hard in slippery comditions will have the abs come on to help you and assist in stoping instead of sliding

Friday, April 18, 2008 9:11 AM
Tyler Lemburg wrote:the rest of the car looks fine except some gunmetal rims would look pretty good on their.

Here's one of the styles I'm thinking about (once extra $$$ is available, that is). Pic below are 17x7.5

Friday, April 18, 2008 1:41 PM
not bad but i dont care for the universal lug pattern. doesnt look good imo
Friday, April 18, 2008 2:02 PM
Same here, and I don't care for that little 'webbing' or w/e in-between the spokes. That was just one of the first rims I saw on my "My E-Bay" page, lol. Before I buy any rims, I need to figure out exactly what will fit best on the car, in terms of width & backspacing.

Friday, April 18, 2008 2:21 PM
so whats the point of doing your headlights yellow???

Friday, April 18, 2008 6:04 PM
Uh, the fog & weather...

Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:16 AM
I know this is not my region... but it should be expected that a stock all-season tire will not perform well in snow... also they will not perform well in temperatures below -5 (degrees C)... as for the headlights/fogs...the abs causing you to spin is also related to your poor choice of tires... for winter driving use a winter tire....
Tt is highly unlikely you'll find any vehicle that allows fogs on with high-beams... it's out of consideration for other drivers... so they are not blinded....
also I can see why you did yellow fogs... for snow/fog... but the headlights are overkill... and look stupid
Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:52 AM
Rebel Racer wrote:Uh, the fog & weather...

yeah... still dont see the point.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:59 AM
OK, again ... The fogs on almost all other cars stay turned on with just the parking lights on and the headlights off. But with this car, if I have only the parking lights on, the fog lights won't turn on, they only come on with the headlights. For that reason, the headlights need to be yellow too, otherwise the white light from the headlights just reflects off the snow or fog and back at my eyes. Why is this so difficult to understand?! I just re-read each time I said it, and it makes perfect sense each time. If this explanation still goes over yall's heads, then... I dunno how else to say it...

Saturday, April 19, 2008 11:28 AM
actually Paul i hate to say it but normally on just about all cars that ive seen including my own, the fogs only turn on with the low beams and turn off with the high and with the parking lights, hence i rewired mine to turn on whenever i have parking, low, or high on. in terms of the yellow headlights and foglights, for everyone, he felt like doing it, oh well, its his car, he likes it that way, who cares, we dont all mod our cars the same way, i think its different so its cool, check out LeMans cars, youll see that done to their headlights and foglights sometimes too, in terms of the tires, well what do you expect, they are crappy stock all season tires, they always suck hahaha, hope that helped explain anything to anyone.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 11:54 AM
step away from the car at once!

Saturday, April 19, 2008 12:12 PM
Hmm, the fogs w/ parking lights must be a Ford thing then... My 02 Ranger is the only other vehicle I've had with fogs (or did my SC2 have 'em too? ... hmm) and I did fogs with the parking lights all the time on that. Now to re-wire or not, that is the question... Maybe after I get new headlights.

I know about stock tires suckin' balls, lol. But I've never had ones suck as much as these. Then again, by the time I bought my Cav, it already had the RS-A's replaced with better tires, so I never had to suffer thru those, lol.

Ken, I'll gladly step away - if you pay me well

Sunday, April 20, 2008 6:45 PM
wow, if you are having THAT much trouble seeing at night and during foggy conditions put down your keys, cut your 'balls' off and refrain from ever driving a car again.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 6:57 PM
Like Ric (DevilsSi1481) basically wrote - "To each, their own." You don't like it, get the F out.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 7:45 PM
hey your the one who wanted opinions.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search