Neon Disk Installing - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Neon Disk Installing
Wednesday, April 09, 2008 10:47 AM
I live close to St. Louis. Anyone close to me done this before? I was going to tackle it on my own but wanted to check here first

Re: Neon Disk Installing
Wednesday, April 09, 2008 12:23 PM
here you go bro:

how to:neon rear disk brake

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 12:28 PM
I have read that. Watched the video as well. Doesn't seem all too hard. Just seeing if anyone else has done it around here. (or is going to do it)

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 1:43 PM
if you just want to sop it together its quick. My sugestion is to buy a rear hub/wheel bearing and put it together out of the car. You will see that the rotor won't fit, it will rub on the backing plate. Most people are cheaping out and using a couple washers on da h lug stud in between the hub and the rotor.... Which is @!#$ retarded. Put it together off the car with that spare hub and figure out how much of a spacer you need to make the rotor fit right. The take the hub to a machine shop and have they make 2 spacers the exact same as the face of the hub in whatever thickness you need.

After that you will know how it goes together so it will be a breeze to throw it on the car and you will be able to install it properly, instead of rigging up some bull@!#$ just to say you have rear discs

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 1:52 PM
That makes sense. I could get some flat washers and see how much of a spacer I am looking to need. I am sure it is not much. Is there a "type" of medal you would "perfer" over others?

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 2:48 PM
talk to the machine shop about that one. Can't really help you there.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 6:49 AM
Thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search